Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Easy Peasy Valentine Decor {Heart Garland in a Frame}

Let me start with just two little excuses for my lack of blogging.

1. Camera is broken (these were taken via phone)

2.  I have a 1 year old who never stops moving (along with 4 others who never stop talking)


BUT... I did manage to decorate my entryway and make this cute little Valentine craft thanks to the help of my 9 year old who has been home all week with pneumonia :( .  She cut out most of the hearts for me from scrapbook paper and even sorted the gumballs into "valentine only" colors.


I picked up the "ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE" free printable here.


As far as the HOW TO on this SUPER easy framed heart project:

  • I simply emptied an old frame 
  • then cut hearts out of scrapbook paper
  • I then sewed the hearts together in one continuous thread with my machine spacing each heart about 1/2 inch apart.  I also made sure to leave some extra thread at the beginning and end of each stream of hearts.
  • Lastly I tied each string to some staples that were still attached to the back of the frame.  HOWEVER Duct tape would work just fine too!  In fact Duct tape is what I use to hang my banners across my fireplace mantle and it works like a charm.

see.


Speaking of hearts...............

a bit of our heart 

If I could only learn that one! I have myself convinced that my oldest daughter needs to start AND end her day with me giving her a "piece of my mind". 

Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in our hearts. #quotes
Oh yes they do!


Happy Valentines!

2 comments:

Erin Shakespear said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Cute! Love the family pics and the framed hearts idea is grand. :)

Natsu Uaganda said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Get Hourly profit for 200 hours on every hour without any risk and without any work, best business plans ever
AllTimeProfit.com