Thursday, November 15, 2012

Gammy's Thanksgiving Table Settings


 Today I was looking at old picture files and found pictures from last years Thanksgiving!  I had completely forgotten that I took pictures of my mothers' (Gammys') table settings to share with my fellow festive followers. ;)  As always my mom did such an amazing job at making the holiday special and unique in a "Vowles family Thanksgiving" sort of way.

My mother is an avid yardsaler/thrift store stalker.  She found most of these beautiful plates and china in that very way.  I just thought it was such a fun and inexpensive way to glamorize the table!  She also set the dining table a few days early (because she doesn't use it for every meal) and that way everyone was able to enjoy her work of art a little longer. 


Another thing my festive Mamma did was buy each of the children a new Christmas book, put their name on it and set it by their place setting.  It was a big hit!


She tied everything together with the color, the matching glasses and napkins and basically just her amazing sense of festive holiday style! There really aren't words to describe how adorable the table was so I'll just shut up and let the pictures do the talking!


The moral of the story is, if you don't have the funds to make Thanksgiving fancy, hit up the thrift stores, garage sales and antique shops!  Heck, even if you do have the funds...this is cuter!
 

Dig in Vowles family!

 This mantel is the extent of my Thanksgiving decor...

Click here to see how I made this multi holiday book page bunting!

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!!


4 comments:

Mariam said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love it all. The dishes especially. Thanksgiving requires fancy dishes and not paper plates.

snowflake auto glass replacement said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Outstanding area. Extra special.

Katherine Steven said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Lovely idea! stay cool and look stylish by wearing cool color cheap tees on this thanksgiving!

gilang biantara said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Gifts I loved your blog post.Really looking forward to read more.