Thursday, June 28, 2012

The {No More Scrunched Up Diapers!} Clutch


 All right here's the deal...  These diaper AND wipes pouches are my best friend.  I don't carry around a diaper bag, just my giant purse but even if you do carry a diaper bag, don't you hate it that the diapers always get all wadded up and germ-ey?  Also, I'm a compulsive wipe user so I need a full set of wipes in my purse not a cute little travel pack which I would use all in one setting.  I have a fear of touching feces.....there.  I said it.  I like wipes.

One day in a rush to have something usable and cute, I came up with this little system and I love it. The elastic on the clutch allows you to have multiple sizes of diapers and wipes in there, it's one size fits all!  

AND...and...and...these clutches make great gifts!

Here's what you do:

Cut out two pieces of fabric about an inch bigger on all sides than a diaper and wipes would be.  I set mine on top and then cut.  You know me right?  No exact measurements! ;)  If you are doing a pieced clutch then piece and stitch it together first.
 


Face right sides together and sew the three sides together leaving the top open.


Fold the top over twice, press and then stitch.  (hem it)


Your almost done!

 Sew a large button to the front about 1 inch from the top of the pouch.  Then sew a piece of folded elastic to the back...measure it first and make sure it's going to have to stretch to get to and around the button on the other side.  The entire length of the elastic shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 inches long.  

These diaper and wipe clutches are so fun to make and use!  I use mine daily and love knowing I've always got wipes in my purse.  Get creative and embellish them however you want!  This is a great way to use that tiny piece of fabric, lace, rickrack or button you have been hanging on to for some unknown reason!

7 comments:

Erin Shakespear said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So cute! I should totally make one of these. Love that you're posting again :)

Todd & Chelsea said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love this idea! We must be kindred spirits bc I too hate the scrubby diapers and also need more than those little things of wipes! Ive bee rocking the ziplocs and it's got to go. At one point since I had two in different sizes of diapers my bad was a giant ziploc mess. But here's a dumb question: I only buy the wipes that come sealed in a giant ziplocked bag--so how would I use the clutch system? Could u line it somehow?

Lauryn Clemmer said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

too cute :) i'd love for you to come link this post or anything else you want up to my weekend link party http://www.lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com/2012/06/spread-love-link-party-14.html have a great weekend!
{love} lauryn @ lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com

Ashley said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is my first time visiting your blog and this is ADORABLE! Fantastic job. :)

Etcetorize said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

LOVE this project! And I don't even have a baby! Definitely putting this on my 'to make' list as gifts. If you're looking for another place to share your creative projects, stop by Etcetorize. I'd really love to see you there!

Christy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is a great addition to the normal diaper pouches. It looks more like a clutch. Very cute! Coming over from TT&J. Off to look around your site. :)

iffatali said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Not all those who wander are lost.
Flights to Gaborone
Cheap Flights to Gaborone
Cheap Air Tickets to Gaborone