Monday, May 14, 2012

Appliqued Name Pillow

For My daughter Adysen (who only ever goes by "Addy")'s 8th birthday I made her a pillow with her name on it. 

Her and her younger sister Averi share a room and have always had bunk beds.  Recently we told them that if they could keep their room clean for a whole week then we'd take them apart and let them have "their own little corner".  I can't believe what an exciting thing this turned out to be for them!  Who knew?  They actually spend a lot more time in there now!
 Addy's corner. 

Click here to see how I made her "baby thoughts" blanket  

Click here to see a video tutorial on super simple applique!






This is Addy's baptism picture...
I thought it would be fun to make the pillow white in honor of her 8th birthday and her baptism.

Is it possible that she is actually as sweet as she looks?  Yup it is.  This girl is sooo sweet you can taste it on her.  She's a kind hearted little lover.  Happy Birthday and Baptism to our sweet Addy!

5 comments:

Kristi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

WE LOVE LOVE ADDY!! I told Skip had we known it was her Baptism we would have totally came! We are gonna miss her we already do but now we can't just swing by and see her!! LOVE LOVE the Pillow!

Robyn said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love this post! Love her little corner in her room!

Debra said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That is adorable. She does look very sweet. :)

Lauren said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh my goodness... I absolutely LOVE that pillow... I wish I were that creative.

I'd love it if you'd come by and share at my new link party, Off the Hook:
http://daisycottagedesigns.blogspot.com/2012/05/introducing-off-hook-1.html#comment-form

Cocalores said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Sundi,
this pillow (and the rest of your girls' room) is really sweet - and your little Addy is adorable, too!