Saturday, February 4, 2012

My Romantic Home

Have you noticed that I've gone a little "bunting crazy" this year?  Those of you who saw the post with a tutorial on how to make a Vintage Valentine Card Bunting, may be wondering "what happened to that?!!?"  Well....my mom's birthday was last week and she loved it so much I decided to make her one.  When I asked her if she wanted the "Love Song Bunting" or the other, she chose the "Vintage Card Bunting"



So that left me with this one.  This Vintage Sheet Music  bunting was made basically the same way as the Card Bunting.  I used scrapbook paper for the hearts but instead of lace  I used a really cool yarn that I'm pretty excited about!  It reminds me of that cute dingle-berry looking trim that's kind of expensive.  The great thing about this stuff (couldn't find any on amazon but I found some at Joann's) is that it's only like 4 bucks for a whole big ball of yarn (102 yards!!!).  I've already used if for several projects including

This one...
This was made using the yarn I just told you about, felt hearts (attached by sewing a line straight down the middle), hot glue and muslin.  Seriously a 10 minute project!  I thought it was a fun way to "romanticize my existing decor"

10 comments:

Just Jaime said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love the mirrors and the bunting! Great job!

cathhasablog@gmail.com said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your mantel is so pretty...I'm totally on the bunting bandwagon right now too! LOL

Cath @ Home is Where my Heart is: http://cathhasablog.blogspot.com/

Candice said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your buntings are so cute! I'm on a bandwagon too! They are so much fun!

Deana said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'd love for you to share this lovely post
@CountryMommaCooks Link & Greet Party…going on now:)

Leen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

oh my! How absolutely darling. Those buntings are too cute! I wasn't going to bother with Valentines decorations this year (it snuck up on me!) but I may have to just so I can make one of those buntings.

Jaimee said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is so lovely! I need to be on the lookout for that yarn - it's perfect for banners! I like your button ball, too : )
Jaimee @ Craft, Interrupted

Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons.com said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love this! We just posted our very first Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday Link Party and we would LOVE for you to stop by and link this up! http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2012/02/kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday-link.html

Natural Mothers Network said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful bunting- what a talented lady you are Sundi!'m so glad you dropped by and I really welcomed this contribution last week to the Seasonal Celebration Linky- a great collection of seasonal recipes, homemaking, crafts, homeschooling and motherhood thank you so much!
Seasonal Celebration is live once more, so feel free to pop over and join this wonderful celebration of creative talent! http://naturalmothersnetwork.com Rebecca x

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

cebu girls dating http://loveepicentre.com/ inexpensive dating ideas

Briancyui said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love the mirrors and the bunting! Great job!