Tuesday, February 7, 2012

3D Photo Valentines

Here are my 3 girls, Averi,


Addy

and Lydia.

And my adorable nieces, Bailey

Jacki

and Taylor.

 Aren't they just adorable?!!  I'm using the highest level of restraint right now to help me not BRAG MY GUTS OUT over these!  I just love how they turned out!  And really I owe it all to Pincik, my sister in laws awesome camera (she has a Sony Cyber Shot DSCH50 it's seriously Awwww to the some!! I'm no longer pining over the Cannon Rebel, the Sony is cheaper and like I said AWESOME!)  and finally but most importantly I owe credit for these cute cards to the unearthly good looking kids and nieces I have ;).  (So far I'm not doing so well with my bragging restraint.) 


 Here's what I did.

I took the pictures making sure that my subjects held their fists out very far and away from their body (otherwise the candy would cover their heads).  I then edited them using "Picnik". Through Picnik we added boarders, text, "stickers" and tweaked the colors a little. We then printed them out on cardstock (we have a great print shop in town that did most of the printing for me).  Lastly we used a razor blade to carefully cut slits at the top and bottom of their hands and slid the suckers and pixie sticks through.  For Lydia's Valentine,  It worked and looked best to hot glue the candy so that some of her hand is showing from the bottom.


These pretty little chickadees can hardly wait to hand out their 3D photo cards on Valentine's Day!  They really think it's cool that their hands actually look like they are handing them the candy!

If your thinking of doing something like this, trust me it's not too late!  We made them in the backyard on a Sunday since they already had their hair all pretty from church!  And it was mega cheap too!  I just know these are going to be an absolute treasure to their grandparents!! My inspiration for these cards first came from Jen at Craft-O-Maniac.  Check hers out here.

I also wanted to quickly show you a couple Valentine's appliques I did for a friend.  (it's not too late for that either!) The video tutorial is right here!

8 comments:

Mariam said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very Creative!

Jen-CraftOManiac said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your cards are so darling. GREAT JOB! lOVE YOUR HEART BANNER BELOW TOO. HAVE FUN with the heart topiary's. I would love to see them too. Winks, jen

The Calico Crew said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Cute kids and great pics! I saw these last year from http://summertimedesigns.blogspot.com
and she's doing something similar this year. I love you creative crafty moms to help the rest of us out!

Erin Shakespear said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Cute! I'm super impressed, like always. And you have every right to Brag Your Guts Out. Those girls Rock! :)

marissa said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

these are ridiculously cute! love the tootsie roll one I would love you to add this and any other posts you want to show off to my What We Wore and Made party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

Aimee - ItsOverflowing.com said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

AMAZING! This turned out FABULOUS! They are absolutely adorable!!! Thanks for sharing at my party!!! Happy Valentine's Day!!! XO, Aimee

Aimee - ItsOverflowing.com said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

AMAZING! This turned out FABULOUS! They are absolutely adorable!!! Thanks for sharing at my party!!! Happy Valentine's Day!!! XO, Aimee

Kari said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love, Love these!! My kids are doing these this year! Thank you so much for sharing them!!