Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The "IT'S SO FLUFFY!!!" Heart




Remember this fluffy lacy heart?  I posted about my Vintage Valentines Mantel Here, where I showed you how to make the valentine card bunting.  Now I will show you how to make this super sweet and simple heart.

Here goes...

What you need
Lace cut from the bolt (about a yard)  
cardboard box
hot glue
a ribbon or some fabric to tie at the top


So, in my case I actually had an old lacy valance that I bought at the thrift store.  It has been waiting a few years to have it's total makeover moment and it finally came!  Yaaaay!  I think this is now a very happy valance!  Chances are if you keep your eyes open you could find something like this at a thrift store (or in Grandma's closet) as well.


 First I grabbed a box from my garage, drew a heart on it with a sharpie, cut it out and then painted it white (optional).  Painting it just made it so that I didn't have to worry so much about covering every corner.  Then I cut out random circles out of the lace.  I folded the lace and cut four circles at a time.  My girls had fun helping me with this part.  Each pile you see is a pile of 4 so that should give you an idea of how much you will need.
  

 I then took the circles and folded them in fourths.  (little Addy is helping me with this part as well)
Sorry for the horrid pic quality (these how to pics were taken with my phone)

Then I just glued kind of randomly with the hot glue gun.  I started out making flower shapes in the middle of the heart, then I lined the outside of the heart to shape it and then I just filled in the rest.  You may find that you need to cut a few more circles to make the heart fluffier.



The bow tied to the top of the heart is a piece of cotton torn, tied in a bow and then duck taped to the back of the cardboard heart.

"IT'S SO FLUFFY!!!!!"

7 comments:

Mariam said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the Fluff!

Kelli said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very cute! I might have to make one for my mirror.

Michelle Paige said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So fun! Thanks for linking up to my Valentine Link Party!

Erin Shakespear said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Cute! And so easy. Love it.

Sassy Sites! said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

CUTE!! I could totally hear the little girl on Despicable Me saying "it's so fluffy!!!" LOL!! That's one of our favorites parts in the whole movie!!

Thanks so much for linking up to Sassy Sites for our free for all party. Be sure to join us tomorrow morning for some shout outs! Have a wonderful weekend!

XOXO!
Marni

Aimee - ItsOverflowing.com said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Super Cute! Thanks so much for linking up!! Just a reminder to register for my giveaway...

Ramsign Giveaway: Porcelain Enamel Sign {up to $99 value}

XO, Aimee

Seaweed and Raine said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love it's vintage-y/feminine look! Great job (I think I need to check out what's in the back of the linnen cupboard now!) :)