Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I Feel Lovely Just the Way That I Am


I love this song by Sara Haze and I reeeeeally wish there was a cool video to go along but I couldn't find one with good sound and resolution so this will have to do.

I've been thinking about the New Year lately and what it brings...which is odd for me because I NEVER make New Years resolutions or even give it a second thought.  I've always felt that if you want to change something, then do it right now!  Don't wait for a New Year to make a resolution!  That seems silly.  But then again I'm not very good with acting on my resolutions so maybe if I write about it here I can look back on it and want to say that I've changed. 

Even if it's just a little.....

Let me just start by saying that I have 3 daughters who, whether they would admit to it or not, look to me for an example of how to act and who to be.  They might always look to me as an example or they might not.  But for the time being I've got them, they are mine and they're watching ME. I don't think I need to point out what a huge responsibility that carries.  Chances are, if you're reading this, you're a Mom or you at least had a Mom once ;)

You get it.

I feel like I need to do better with my example.  I need to spend less time on the computer, and the phone, less time worrying about what I look like, what I weigh and more time liking myself just the way I am.  More time feeling lovely just the way that I am.  I want my girls to love themselves and see themselves the way I see them and not worry about how the world sees them.  I want them to grow up to be confident women.  I know that seems next to impossible but I can start by spending more quality time with them, listening to them and not nagging them.  I expect a lot of them.  Like A LOT.  And sometimes I think it weighs on their little hearts more than I imagined it would. 

"I can do hard things" and so can my children, but I'm going to have to stop doing whatever I'm doing and teach them if I want them to learn how to do those "hard things".

Pinned Image

So that's my New Year's resolution.  I'm still going to be a naggy mom who expects way too much of her daughters but I can also be a friend and a teacher.  I need to be equal part Mom, teacher and friend.  Right now, I'm mostly just being a mom and I'm a good mom....so that's been ok until now, but my girls are turning into big girls who will inevitably turn into women (please make it stop).  It's time for me to step it up a little.  I think they need a little more.

So I guess I'm saying that I need to do a little more AND a little less.  Does that make any sense?

4 comments:

Kimber said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

glad you posted this. It's just what I needed to hear. I need to step it up like a ton. Lately with my kids getting older its been a little hard getting along. I want to be more patient with them. I'm struggling with it right now.I like sundi's deep thoughts :)

Mariam said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for sharing. I also like the song and I like you!

Sundi@ Life Of A Cheap Chickadee said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you sooooo much Mom!
love,
Lydia

Kindra said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sundi,

I second your post! My Chloee is growing up and i feel like i expect a lot of her too, and i am too naggy :) Thanks for your comments!