Thursday, January 26, 2012

How To Do a Simple Applique {my first video tutorial!}

I've been meaning to post this for a LONG time!  Appliqueing is like...MY THING!  So I guess I just wanted to make it a really good, really helpful post, whith amazing pictures and all.  Instead I decided to do a video.  It was pretty fun and REALLY fast and SUPER dorky!   Posting this video from YouTube is making it hard to set up this post how I want so I'll leave it like it is and post more tips and pics on appliqueing soon! Oh! Plus....OTBM and I are going to be working on a St. Patty's applique project together soon and I'm pretty darn thrilled about that!   Here's a link to a bunch of appliques I did a long time ago




Please don't mind my "not cute craft room", it's not really a craft room it's a messy room in my basement where I stuff fabric into every corner...then I stuff it in the closets..... and then I find shelves and stuff it there as well.Pin It

 Gerber 5-Pack Onesies Brand One Piece Underwear - White, 0-3 Months
Thermoweb 17-Inch by 5-1/4-Yard Heat'n Bond Lite Iron-on Adhesive
Moda Ruby Charm Pack 5" Quilt Squares
Tato Girls S/S Undershirt 3-Pack (Sizes 7 - 16) - white, 14/16

11 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is awesome! Thanks! Can't wait to do our St. Pat Day shirts!

Erin Shakespear said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great job, chickadee! Looked great and love those earrings. You're a natural born crafting Youtube Star. :)

Amberley said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am Kristi's friend, the one your making the shirt for. Looks great, I love it thanks so much, I really appreciate it.

Lisa @ Over the Big Moon said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you! I talked to Pam this am and told her I wanted to do this today and she said you had posted a video! Perfect timing!
Thanks!
Lisa

Allison said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

thanks for sharing! Really helpful

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This was so awesome. I am going to use this for some tea towels for a friend and also for some onesies for another friend. Cute video and I learned a lot!!

Jessica Pierre'auguste said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very cute! Thanks for sharing!

Wendys Hat said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Really cute!

Madalyn McArthur said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you so much for this amazing and simple tutorial! I make a cute onesie for my daughter and posted it on my blog with a link to this tutorial because it is so great! Thanks again!

KZPow said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So cute. I am new to Pinterest & just found your BLOG. Thank you so much. Love that your daughter is your camera girl. Love that your room is a mess as is mine. Wish I had more room for all my stuff. Gotta stop buying and craft more! Thank you.

Benally said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you so much for this amazing and simple tutorial! I make a cute onesie for my daughter and posted it on my blog with a link to this tutorial because it is so great! Thanks again!