Monday, January 30, 2012

Embellish Your Candles For Valentines Day

Like this.......


I have been doing a lot of simple 5 minute projects around the house to "Romanticize" it for LOVE DAY.  I thought I would share this one with you.

Can I just ad my thoughts on Picnik closing?  I'm so SAD!  But I'm just a little bit happy that all the "premium" photo editing options are now free and available to everyone until Picnik closes in April.  It's kinda fun!

Here is what I did....

I found 3 candles lying around
I duck taped two doilies around each candle
Cut out felt hearts
Sewed a straight line down a felt heart and the middle of some scrapbook paper (enough paper to wrap all the way around the candle)
Then wrapped the paper with heart around the candle and doilies (covering the duck tape of course)

Pretty simple!  I'm sure you could use other adhesives and crafting supplies I just used the first things I found!  I HATE going to the store!

I actually made a goal for myself this month to use what is already in my craft room for my projects!  For a WHOLE MONTH.  Do you think I can do it?  It may require some organization and will power but I KNOW it's definitely possible.

I can't wait to show you my other quick romantic fixes!  All of my projects took less than a half hour each.  So even if you don't want to do any of the projects found here today,  I think you should set aside a half hour to do something YOU want to do.  :)

2 comments:

Erin Shakespear said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Cute! I know what you mean about hating to go to the store. And it's amazing sometimes what you can come up with when you make yourself use the stuff you already have on hand.

These are really fun. I wouldn't have thought about covering candles. Great job! :)

Katie's Nesting Spot said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love them and using your stash often stretches your creativity. The stitched hearts really make these for me. Thank you for joining us at A Crafty Soiree, I've featured you in this week's new one.