Friday, December 9, 2011

Pinteresting Handmade Gift Ideas

So my wonderful friend
Erin, from Shakespear's Stage (yes I've mentioned her before and WILL mention her again, because she's THAT wonderful ok?)  Posted about her handmade Christmas gift ideas and I thought 'what a splendid idea' (she's full of those). So...here are are my "pinteresting ideas"

WARNING!  If you are one of my children and you are reading this post (going against my instructions) you will be getting COAL for Christmas!

The first 4 pictures are mine, the rest I nabbed from pinterest :)

Pinned Image
Remember Addy and Averi's bedroom bunting?  Well, it was so fun to do that Jack and Lydia will be needing one for their rooms as well.  Jack's is in triangle form and I haven't decided what Lydia's should be....Maybe something totally different and crazy.  Hmmm........
Pinned Image
Of course the girls will all be needing new "Ruffle Pants" (tutorial found here) only I think I'll make some that go all the way to the ground.  They keep trying to wear them in the ummm -6 degree weather here.

Pinned Image
Addy LOVES these skirts I make.  This picture doesn't show off the cute shape of it that well but I haven't forgotten about my promised tutorial on these.  It's coming, It's coming!!  After all, I think I'll be making at least 5 this year.


Pinned Image
The girls wanted me to make some holiday shirts but I think it's a little late.  So I guess I'll use those shirts to applique something else.  I'm starting with Jack this time though.  I think this is a picture of the last time I appliqued something for him....2 years ago!  Wasn't he cute though?  I just want to "skiddoo" into that picture and squeeze him!  BTW If you know what "skiddoo" means, then you must be a SAHM! LOL!

Pinned Image
My two older girls Addy, 7 and Lydia, 10, don't really play with toys anymore, but still ask for them every year.  Anyone else have that problem?  I've been trying to think of gifts I can give them this year that they WILL use. This hop scotch would be fun for indoor play.  Mostly they will be getting clothes though. The other day Addy said to me, "Mom, maybe I could just ask Santa for a bunch of jeans this year...but wait, then when we went to grandma's house to show everyone what we got from Santa, I would just bring a pile of jeans? No way!  That would be awkward"

Pinned Image
Diapers for Averi, in like a million different sizes and colors.  So she'll stop stealing Jack's.

Pinned Image
I have been making these peasant dresses for years!  I love this pattern.  This time I will be making them in shirt form, and I'll probably leave the elastic out of the sleeves to make a flutter sleeve.


Pinned Image
I've always wanted to make some adorable vintage Christmas tags like these but run out of time every year (imagine that).  I'm doing it this year!.......maybe......

Pinned Image
When Lydia was in Kindergarten she asked Santa for a puppet theater.  AND she got one!  A huge one that Santa made himself.  It's adorable, and I don't want to get rid of it, but maybe it would be nice to have a mini one like this that the kids could make themselves.  Erin is having one of her boys make one for their sister.  I like that idea!


Pinned Image

I think these are so cute for Jack.  I love the pocket.

Pinned Image
Jack is also going to need one of these hats.  And the arm warmers?  I'm already on it!

Pinned Image
Averi and Addy are going to need some sock toppers (my tutorial found here) of their own.  FO SHO!

Pinned Image
Averi is also asking for a scooter from Santa.  This bucket would be sooo cute with it!

Pinned Image
This jumper looks easy enough, and comfy!

Pinned Image
I've bought a few long sleeve shirts to do this...
Pinned Image
or this......
Pinned Image

or this with.  Or maybe I'll make all of them.  Do ya think?  I'm getting a little ahead of myself eh?  Who votes I will accomplish all of this?  50%? 2%? None of it?  Well What have you made so far?  Huh?  Just teasing, I really want to know! :)

Check in tomorrow for my easy wreath tutorial.

4 comments:

Erin Shakespear said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So Cute! I love the Hopscotch mat. I've been wanting to make one of those bike buckets, too. And I love the hat for Jack....I need to get making hats for my monkeys. Zoe would love a zillion of those diapers, too. Ack! Now I might need to revise my Homemade Gifts list....

Erin Shakespear said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

PS....thanks for the kind words. If only I could skiddoo into your photo and give YOU a great big squeeze! :)

Mariam said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the bit about the coal. hehehe

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Where did you find those little scrappy stuffies?