|Alright I know your all thinking "half aprons? I need a full apron". People if you don't understand the benefits of a half apron I'm telling you, you are missing out!!! Here's why I can't live without mine.|
1. I use my half apron to help me pick up toys and other messes around the house. It's like having 10 arms!! I scoop them all up in my big ol apron, lift up the corners as I carry them, and then dump the items where they need to go.
2. You know those holes you get in your knit shirts right across the belly button? I know that these are sometimes caused by your shirt rubbing against your jeans, but ever since I started wearing half aprons in the kitchen, I haven't gotten any new holes. We are talking for a few years now!
3. I use my apron as a dish towel. We are ALWAYS needing to wipe our hands and I hate going back for that dish towel. I'd rather wear it!
4. When I'm doing dishes I like to dive right in. When I have my apron on, I don't have to worry about rubbing up against a big watery puddle or counter. It keeps me dry.
5. I use it to carry food from my storage room to the kitchen. My aprons can carry 12 cans at a time!
6. It keeps my clothes clean!!
7. Full aprons bug me. With a half apron I don't feel like I'm wearing extra clothing.
8. Wearing an apron makes me feel like a domestic diva!!
I wear my half apron above my belly button like a total dork but that's how they work best and luckily high rise is kind of in style right now...right? RIGHT?? I also feel that if you wear them high enough you will still keep clean. The only time I use a full apron is when cooking something greasy that may splatter up higher.
Now that I've converted you, are you ready to make an upcycled half apron of your own? Ok, let's get started!
|1. Find a skirt from your closet or the thrift store. Make sure it's cotton or something that would work well for an apron. I got this skirt at the thrift store. It has a great shape!! Oh and the skirt doesn't have to fit you!|
|3. Make your tie. First cut out a long strip of fabric that can go clear around your waste and tie in the back, you may have to attach two strips. Then iron in both sides of your sash as pictured above.|
|4. Then do this.|
|5. Then iron in half like this.|
|6. Then basically sew it shut.|
|7. Fold in the two sides of your apron, press and sew.|
These pictures don't do this apron justice! I think it's my favorite half apron EVER! The best part about upcycling a skirt is that the hard part is done for you! It already has a girly fit and most of the hemming is done. I almost decided to keep this for myself! Whoever wins this apron is going to LOVE it!!
Don't forget to enter the GIVEAWAY.