Monday, November 7, 2011

Reversible Or Multi Holiday Decor

For the past few years I have been trying to make my life a little easier by making or buying fall decor that can reverse to Christmas or Thanksgiving.  I have loved it.  If your anything like me then you HATE putting away  Halloween decor only to get out another box of Thanksgiving and then two weeks later put them all back and get out 5 more boxes of Christmas.  I'm not a HUGE holiday decorator but I do like to add a few things every season that compliment my decor and color that already exists.

See the "FALL" blocks in the picture above?

Now they say Noel.  I did this a few years ago and I know it's nothing new...BUT, at least they don't say "boo" and "joy" right?  When I did it however, it got me thinking about what else I could do! 

See the picture of the spooky tree?  I made that with scrapbook paper and mod podge (p.s. that's also how I made the fall/noel block if you couldn't tell).  It reverses to a Christmas picture that I bought.  I actually used the cardboard insert from the inside of the frame to make the spooky tree picture.  I just slip them both into the frame and switch them around when it's time.  The spooky sign is a wood cut out that I also  bought and decided to mod podge something Christmas-ey on the back side.

The main thing that I do, also the easiest, is just to print out vintage holiday pictures from "The Graphics Fairy", then make them into a size that will fit into my already existing frames, and do a little SWITCHEROO!  I learned that wonderful trick from good ol mamma!  When I get my Christmas decor up I will post some pictures.  Today is........well......MONDAY and I just don't feel like it. 

I also have big plans to make one of these....
Happy Halloween Black and Orange Banner Spider Garland Great Photo Prop Sign
Found here on etsy
Which would switch around to say "Merry Christmas"!  How perfect is it that those two phrases have the same amount of letters in them?!

5 comments:

Kelli said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Genius idea! Love that gallery wall by the way. I've been collecting frames to do one at my house some day.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the reversible decor!

Dot said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

AHHHHHHH Sund Sund Sund.... you are so talented! i am not a follower of your blog so i can copy everything. hee hee. LOVE IT!

Dot said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

oops... oh my gosh i am laughing so hard at myself right now... i meant, i am NOWWW a follower of your blog. hahahaha ahh that's fun.

Erin Shakespear said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ok. That's just awesome. I'm never going to look at Halloween decor the same again....I'll always be thinking if I can make it work for Christmas, too. I don't like putting it all away either! Which is why I just barely took the graveyard out of my front yard today....ack!

And BTW...thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. You are awesome. And it made my day. I'm so glad we've been hanging out more. :)