Monday, November 21, 2011

Reversible Multi Holiday Bunting






 A reversible bunting?  Genius!!  All right, so I'm FAR from being a genius, but I do have brief moments of genius!  The only problem is that these ideas and "moments" only come in craft form.  But I'll take what I can get.  AND when I get them....I SHARE them!!!  So... Here's how I did this.


First I made a template out of card stock, layered it on some old book pages and cut out about 5 pages at a time.  Each piece was 3 book pages thick so for this project I used 36 book pages.



Then I set the pages out and eyed them until they looked just how I wanted.  I cut another square out of cardstock to be my spacer, that way I wouldn't have to measure every time (because we HATE measuring).  I then, hot glued two of the pages together and left the last one out for a minute.You kind of want to see the different pages, so I just barely dotted the middle of the page and then attached another page on top slightly off centered from the other.

 Then I hot glued some twine to the top
 Glued the last page over the top...
And then inked all the edges with a very dark brown.  I had my friend cut me some vinyl with her cricut but I think it would look lovely to make the letters by using stencils and paint as well.  I put Give Thanks on one side and Holiday Cheer on the other. 
 And there you have it!  The first banner I made was for my friend Steph's birthday but of course I liked it so much, I made one as well.  This project cost next to nothing! 
Hmmm....What else could I make with book pages!  I can't wait to show you next week, what my SIL, Loni made with old sheet music!
Pinned Image
Oh Buddy!  "Elf" is my all time favorite Christmas movie.  I just giggle the whole way through!  I think when it comes time to turn my bunting sign around to "holiday cheer",  I'm going to have to frame this picture and put it on the mantel as well ;)

 Be sure to click on the "linky party" link at the top of the page to see where I linked up and most importantly to see other creative projects!

8 comments:

renee @ Singing With Birds said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a fun idea. It's pinned and I hope others will come see your terrific tutorial. Happy Thanksgiving!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That turned out awesome!

Steph:) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks Sundi. Excited to have it hanging on my mantle! Love it!!!

Erin Shakespear said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This looks so great. Love it! :)

Melysa said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love the craft! Definitely going to be making this one for my mantel. Thanks.

Shannon {aka}|design said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I adore book page banners. Making them reversible is genius!
Shannon

Jen-CraftOManiac said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the banner! LOVE! AND I love your built-ins and mantel, so pretty.

winks, jen

Jen-CraftOManiac said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

P.S. I love your about me welcome intro. I agree totally. CraftOManiac is a lot about the same thing. Big lavish home projects can very intimidating and crafts lots of peeps can do. WINKS, jen