Saturday, November 12, 2011

Dollar Store Hat Refashion



What do you think?  I'm pretty stoked about my newest little project.  I was sitting by the cozy fire that my husband, the lumberjack so graciously built, and I was feeling all....you know?  Warm and fuzzy and thinking about the holidays, when suddenly this hat appeared to me in a vision!  I ran to my sewing room (where I already had a collection of hats from the dollar store) and got to work!  I was asked to do a guest post for Smart Shopping Ladies (seriously visit their blog, holy COUPONS!  It's awesome!) on Homemade Gift Ideas and I thought this would be perfect!  You could even do it without a sewing machine!  Heck you could do this in your sleep!  I was also pretty pleased with the fact that the same two hats fit both 6 year old Averi and I!

Not only would these be great homemade Christmas gifts, but don't you think they would be so fun on a Christmas card?  I don't know, maybe I'm a little over excited, maybe I've had a little too much soda today, but I do so love little girlies in hats!



I had my...hmmm....Amazing?  No amazing isn't even a great enough word to describe her.  I had my {insert complimentary word here} neighbor and friend Mariam, take some photos for me.  She is just beginning her blog journey so check her out at Sister's Network and let her know what a great photographer she is.  She's not a professional photographer, but I really think she should be!



 visit RIGHT HERE for the full tutorial on these hats.  It's soooo easy I promise!
 





15 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sundi... those turned out amazing! Seriously! I might have to get you to make a couple for my sisters for Christmas! So great!

Also, the pictures are great! Your friend has a great natural talent!

Kimber said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I LOVE this! If you promise they are easy maybe I could make some for my girlies for christmas. I don't have that natural talent you do though. I love them. As always, you and averi are beautiful!

Kristi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

OH my freaking gosh AMAZING does not sum those hot fabness even at all!! Those are freaking I don't even have a word for um that's how wonderful they are!! And the pictures are just as no word to describe amazing!... You look stunning as always!

Erin Shakespear said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That looks so great. Love the colors. And the flowers. And all the different textures. Really really great. Well done, chickadee! :)

Mellissa said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those hats are so cute, but your so easy is my difficult. I'll still check it out on Tuesday and decide then. Really cute, though, and I love the colors.

Kelli said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So cute! I love them all!

Kennedy Klan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

LOVE your idea!! The hats turned out AMAZING!! Can't wait till Tuesday!

Tammy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These are just lovely!! Thanks for sharing them with us :)

Amanda Joy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So cute, I love the Lettuce Leaf edging. I am totally pinning this, so that I can try it out later.

Hopping over from Tip Junkie
Amanda Joy
www,joyinthejumble.com

Chris said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Sundi, what adorable hats and cute little models also!! Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

Andrea @ Frugally Sustainable said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow Sundi! This post is so informative and such a great tutorial! I love the frugality of this project and I think my subscribers would really enjoy reading this. I would love for you to come share it at Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways on Frugally Sustainable today. And, I really hope that you will put Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways on your list of carnivals to visit and link to each Wednesday! Here’s the link: http://frugallysustainable.blogspot.com/2011/11/frugal-days-sustainable-ways-1.html

Warmly,
Andrea @ Frugally Sustainable
Here's the link: http://www.frugallysustainable.com

Jen-CraftOManiac said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

THOSE ARE STINKEN CUTE STINKEN!!! HA! WHAT GORGEOUS MODELS TOO. xo-jen

Jen-CraftOManiac said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

SHARED THESE beauties on my COM-FB page. xo jen

tickledpinkwithrosesandpearls.com said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

ADORABLENESS should be the name of this hat! I LOVE it!
I found you through a linky party and will become one of your newest followers.
Have a great day!
Michele

Andrea said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You made it:) Thank you so very much for linking up to Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways:) I'm so happy to "meet" you! I am totally loving your blog and your posts! I really hope you make Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways a part of your Wednesdays! And keep the great posts comin'
Very sincerely,
Andrea @ Frugally Sustainable