Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Magic With Loni

 Click here for more holiday decor from this blog

 I don't even know where to start with this girl....  Loni is my ambitious, adorable, stylish, helpful and organized sister in law.  A few months ago she asked me to come to her house and give her some decorating ideas.  We worked on her family room for about an hour and I gave her a few tips.  Nothing big, I just told her about pinterest and talked to her about recycling the stuff she already has.  We rearranged her book shelves, taking off the covers on her hardback books to bring in the colors we wanted, adding a few old books, stacking things differently and moving things around (nothing crazy and to be honest I don't think I taught her anything she didn't already know).  I just helped her get a little fire under her and OH BABY!!  Did she ever get a fire under her, a BONFIRE!

I came by her house a few months later and HOLY PINTEREST, HOLY AMBITIOUS, HOLY AWESOME!  I couldn't believe all the adorable things she had made, upcycled and found.  I pulled out the old camera and started taking pictures.  I wish so badly we had some before pics.  Today I will just be giving you a Christmas sneak peak of the adorabless this home beholds.  I am also going to link Loni's pinterest boards here so that you can see some of her inspiration and hopefully find some fun tutorials.

I should also mention that the only credit I can take for any of this is ummm the fabulous photography?  Ok it could be better.  But I'm learning.  I actually bought a universal tripod at Walmart for 10 bucks the other day and I'm pretty excited about the indoor, no flash possibilities it holds!
No sew ruffled tree skirt

Notice the cute little sheet music bird ornaments AND the lace, burlap, tulle and muslin tree garland

Here's a picture of the garland being put together.  I think the pic is self explanatory.  The string is called twine.

The song bird ornaments.  Loni used four sheets of music, hot gluing them together with a stick in the middle and some string to hang with.  Oh!  And she used glitter spray.  Love that stuff!
How cute are these stockings?!  She hand stitched their little names onto some cream colored burlap.  Not sure how to do it but I'd really like to try.  She said it was easy.  I'm SURE there are tutorials out there! ;)


So this picture, (also Loni's) is not Christmas-ish, BUT it's giving me some Christmas-ey ideas!  I have a billion books lying around.  What if I covered some of them with Christmas paper?  I'm totally doing it!!
I hope you all found some Holiday Decor Inspiration!  Stay tuned for more from my fabulous sister in law's home.  This was merely a portion of it!

4 comments:

Bri said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

love love love the tree skirt and it all looks awesome!!

Loni said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have to say your insane photography skills and excellent tripod sure made my stuff look cuter than I thought it was! :) thanks for letting me be "featured!" :)

Pam from Over the Big Moon said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The garland is awesome! What a fun different look! And, it looks amazing with the skirt! So fun!

Kennedy Klan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Loni, WOW girl you did an amazing job! Your mom also is darn good at that stuff! Her house has always looked so cute! I can't wait to see more :o)