Monday, October 24, 2011

Show & Tell Tuesday {My Favorite Project Yet! A Ruffled Shirt For Addy}


 This weekend was a "long weekend".  We took our little family to Las Vegas to visit Aunt Carrie.  There she was supposed to teach me to bake and I was supposed to teach her to sew some things........but instead, I sewed for her and she baked for me.  And guess what?  We are not feeling sad about that at all!
 I made this little lovely for Addy (my seven year old), and then.... (since Carrie was so busy baking for me), I made one for her little Jacklyn as well.  That's right!  I wanted it noted that I made TWO of these! And if you please I would like a virtual pat on the back as well. It took a little longer than I wanted it to, but it was WORTH it!
 The whole project only took me about an hour but since I'm lazy, I like projects to take me about 30 minutes or less.

 It started out as an idea for a dress but once I got into it, I decided it was too much fluff for a dress.  I like the idea of off setting it with some faded jeans and cowgirl boots.  Plus, Addy wanted it to be a shirt as well.
Although this shirt is pretty easy to figure out on your own, I've posted a tutorial with some tips on how to ruffle quicker and easier right here......Goodbye! :)

Tip 
Junkie handmade projects



10 comments:

Erin Shakespear said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Pat. Pat. Pat. :)

That is really really cute. And I seriously can't believe you made two. That's crazy awesome. Addy looks lovely in it.

Ruffles are the best.

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very very cute, love all the different layers and textures. Lovely to meet you :)

Kelli said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So cute! I made McKinley a ruffle shirt a few weeks ago and it certainly took me a lot longer than an hour! I'm dying to know of a faster way to ruffle and hem. My shirt took me almost 4 hours! Yes 4 hours! I'm still not sure it was worth it. Ridiculous! At least it turned out ridiculously cute too. At least in my opinion it did. :)

Alison @ mommadidit.blogspot.com said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is adorable! Thanks for sharing!

The Rosenau's said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very cute!!! i can't wait to make one of these thanks for sharing the idea! i found you on tip junkie and im your newest follower, id Love if you followed back!!

Julianne

www.sewfantastic.blogspot.com

Samantha said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

OH that is too cute. I am obsessed with ruffles. Visiting from Home Stories.
:) crafty texas girls
craftytexasgirls.com

Kammy Wielenga said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That is SO pretty - and so is your little girl!!! i keep wanting to do SOMETHING ruffly and it hasn't happened yet.....

kammyskorner.blogspot.com

Ashley said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Such a cute shirt! Also love the flower bobby pin! Just saw those in your Etsy shop, how cute! I would love to feature your Etsy shop on my site, stop by anytime! Keep up the good work! =)

Lacey Mills said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lacey Mills said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I LOVE this shirt! I made this today for my 365 days of Pins blog. I'm adding your blog to my reading list. Would love for you to follow me back! www.365daysofpins.blogspot.com Thanks!