Monday, October 10, 2011

Show And Tell Tuesday {Mod Podge Plates and Back To Basics}

Grrrrr!  This new posting format is bugging me!  I need blogging lessons apparantly because I can't get the pictures to go in the order that I want them to!  Yes, that's embarrassing to admit, but you all know it.

Vintage all the way!
Isn't this plate collection lovely?  But seriously!  Where are they finding plates like these?


 Fist off I'd like to tell you the rules of  "Show And Tell Tuesday" ...... basically it means that I can show off pictures and/or brag about anything and everything that I feel inclined to, with out providing any tutorials or even attempting to tie any of it together (mmm so yea, pretty much what I do every time I blog). Oh, Oh!  And I can do this................................... (dot dot dot) as much as I like...............


Today I'd like to show and tell you about these plates.  I LOVE old fashioned china, particularly plates.  I am constantly on the search for old and lovely looking plates that could possibly adorn my kitchen walls.  Well, I've been searching for 3 years now and aparantly they've all been snatched up or something because I have NEVER seen any that look as beautifully vintage as the plates I see in magazines and such.  So.... I finally resigned myself to mod podging some.  The plate in the middle, I found at D.I. and did nothing to. The two on the sides were also plates I found at D.I. but they had ugly mountains on them or something like that.  So, I picked out some vintage looking scrapbook paper, layered a few circles in the middle, mod podged it, and voila!  I personally think that they LOOK fake but I honestly don't care because I love them!  Most people who come to my house however, act genuinly surprised by the fact that I mod podged them.  Is "podged" a word?  I dunno, anyway,  maybe they are just patronizing me, either way...I'm happy!  When I look at them it takes me to a simpler time, like say....
Pioneer times!  Okay that was a really corny way to introduce this picture but I had to throw it in.  Today Lydia went on a "Historic Wagon Train Walk" at school.  I just thought she was so adorable with her little bonnet and apron.  It was fun to watch.  They walked a little over a mile while taking turns pushing the handcarts.  Jack really enjoyed watching  "Lydi La"and the horses.       



Here is some "plate gallery" inspiration for you.....                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
img_7667web-amy-sandovel-photography


I have been wanting to blog about this simple project for a while but honestly CANNOT get a good photo of the plates because of the window I guess.  They really do look a lot better than these pictures are portraying them...REALLY!!!
Lastly I would just like to show off the fruits of my labor.  And bid you, alyssum, farewell.  There were those who said "purple alyssum, you will not grow!  You will die!" But you did grow!  You fought on!  You lived!  And you are beautiful!
And lastly, farewell to you, my entire crop of strawberries that can fit in one hand.  You were tasty.  

 HELLOOOOOO FALL!

Tip 
Junkie handmade projects

4 comments:

CREATIVE MIND said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

these are so nice!! love the style :)
by the way how these plates can be hanged or pasted on wall??
with any double sided tape etc...??

ReFresh ReStyle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love plates on the wall!

Sundi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

At your local hardware store ask for "plate hangers" they come in about 3 different sizes.

Erin Shakespear said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

LOL....love your strawberry crop. Wow. You should set up a stand and sell 'em. :)

The plates look great and I can't speak for everyone, but *I* honestly was surprised when you said you modge podged them!