Thursday, October 20, 2011

No Sew Fabric And Marble Necklace

 Almost a year ago I made half of this necklace.  I'm notorious for completing "HALF" of a project.  Anywho, I finally decided to finish the necklace off with some lace just so I could feel better about "FINISHING" a project.  I actually like it and have been wearing it a lot.  I even think maybe, just MAYBE I'll make another!

Here's what I did:

I found some "scarf-like" fabric...not sure what to call it, and cut it into a long strip about 6-8 inches wide.  I think for the length I figured out how long I wanted the necklace to be and then I doubled it to account for the knots.

I then tied a knot in the bottom, forming kind of a tube but I never sewed it.

Then I started inserting marbles and tying knots.

When I got that the length I wanted, I took a piece of lace and sewed it to one side of the knotted necklace (you could glue them together if you wanted this to be a completely "no sew" project), then I tied a knot over that to cover up where I had sewn.

On the other side of the necklace I tied the two ends together and fanned it out.  This gave the necklace an asymmetrical look which I think is fun.  I also think it would be cute to put a flower or pin on that side.

The whole project would have taken me about 10 minutes had I done it all at once.  I have done bracelets like this before as well.

Even my kids can make them!  Happy crafting!

Somewhat Simple


2 comments:

Pam (Haslem) Dana said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is awesome Sundi! I'm going to put this on OTBM tomorrow in our Pinterests Interest post!

Erin Shakespear said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So cute! I bought marbles MONTHS ago with plans to make some of these. *sigh* Now I don't even know where I put them....

BUT that looks great! I like the lace. Brilliant. :)