Friday, October 7, 2011

I Declare This...." Spray Paint Week!!"


Ok I know it's already Friday but I promise I'll make "Spray Paint Week" worth the read ;)

Did you know that you can spray paint pumpkins? I didn't think the paint would stick very well but it did! Yaaay! I couldn't find any white pumpkins in town so.... enter Krylon cream colored spray paint. I had my wonderful friend Shanna cut me a vinyl 60 (that's my house #) and a "P" (for my last name) to go in a pot on the other side of my porch. I'm loving it!
I've also spray painted a new cake stand intended just for pumpkins. I know I've blogged about this before and so has Erin (a very crafty and clever girl over at Shakespeare's Stage). If you don't know how to make a cake stand, look at my post linked here. Cake stands are fun for so many, many more things than just cakes. In fact, I have 5 of them and I think I have used them for cakes once. They are usually used for cookies, fruit, notes, garden veggies, cupcakes, anything! I have two of them sitting on my counter at all times. They are fun gifts as well!
Since we use our table for eating (I know weird right?), I wanted to make something that is very easily moved. For my table runner I just used some muslin and burlap, needs to ironed, but it does the job. Surrounding the pumpkin stand is a small fall wreath.



Tune in tomorrow for more spray paint ideas. I'll give you a hint: I painted something that you can wear on your feet.....OOPS! Did I give it away?
 


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

3 comments:

Erin Shakespear said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

LOL! You're so cute. Love the post. I can't believe you spray-painted pumpkins. Seriously...very cool.

And let's see if I can guess what's in store for tomorrow...mmmmm....is it toenails? Did you spray paint your toenails?! heh heh.

Can't wait to see the next project!

Jamie W said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love your thrift store couch redo, color choices, and everything else! If we lived by each other, I think we would be good friends! And I would have you teach me how to sew! :) Now I'm off to make a cake stand like that!

Kristi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh my gosh I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! I may have to do this! Its wonderful Idea! Can I steal it?