Sunday, October 30, 2011

Crazy About Felted Balls!

 So I saw this on pinterest and just HAD to have some felted balls!

I bought them off of etsy.  I'm kind of an overexcited buyer (notice I didn't say compulsive or impulsive ;)).  So, I hurried and bought the "Autumn Harvest Collection" with out looking to see where they were coming from.  Well...they came from Hong Kong so I had to wait a little longer than I wanted.

Nevertheless, I bought 60 balls for 20 dollars.
If....no, WHEN I buy them again, I think I'll buy these.  More balls, better deal, closer location.

I had seen tutorials on how to make them yourself  and.......well.......buying them already made for me, seemed a lot easier.

  I used about half of the balls to make this lovely autumn harvest garland.  I'm saving the other half for a Christmas garland which will consist of red, brown and cream.
 

Here's what I did:
I took a big needle and threaded some thick dental floss through the balls.  They didn't slip around or anything.  They were movable if I needed them to be, but otherwise stayed in place.

I'm quite positive that it would be SOOO cute to thread twine through the balls instead, but I didn't have a large enough needle to do that, (there's my excited, have to do it NOW personality shining through again).  I'm hoping to be successful with the twine for my Christmas Garland.

I don't know why, but I just think felted balls are so adorable right now.  Maybe I'll make something like this as well.

Felted Wool Ball Necklace - Moss Raspberry Pale Goldenrod

  What ya think? 

Somewhat Simple

4 comments:

Robyn said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Cute! Cute! Cute!

Pam (Haslem) Dana said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

LOVE the Garland! Seriously, so fun! Be sure to link it up at our linky party!

Pam
www.overthebigmoon.com

Erin Shakespear said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ack! That looks awesome! Great job, chickadee! :) And the pictures looks really great, too.

And I agree....felted balls are very cute. I've been reading tutes on felting your own wool for ages, but never find sweaters to do it with. I haven't ever thought about buying them already made. Brilliant.

Kristi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

OH my gosh I freaking Love it!! The garland.. Oh my soo smart!!!