Wednesday, September 14, 2011

hmm...what are these banner things called again?

Well, whatever they are called (banner thingys), they are floating all over pinterest and it was love at first sight for me. I wish I had taken a before picture of the room (nope sorry, not taking the banner down), because it TOTALLY transformed the room! Just like I hoped it would. My problem with my kids bedrooms is that they never keep them very clean, they try to decorate themselves, and they never follow the "color rules". Nor do they follow the "no taping pictures on the wall" rule. So.... I put a lot of different colors and patterns in this here er... banner thingy, and I feel like it makes the whole room look like everything was done on purpose! Not "sheesh who decorated this place?!" Which is what we had going on before :( . I guess what I'm trying to say is that it helps the chaos look a little more reformed. I have made a few, but found this way to be easiest....
For Jack's room I did triangles but for the girls room I thought these little half circles looked more feminine.

So basically I made myself an oval (or more of an oblong circle really) pattern. I cut out 2 ovals at a time with pinking sheers. Then cut them in half giving me 4 of each fabric. Then I starched and ironed them. Then I lined them all up how I wanted. And last I sewed them all onto some medium sized ric rac in one continuous stream. Honestly, the whole project only took me a few hours and it covers half the room.....which is a large room! If you are looking to cover a large space, cut your circles larger and space them a little farther apart.

I'll post pictures of Jack's room soon!

3 comments:

Erin Shakespear said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Cute! That looks really great. And it was a lot of work! I'm impressed.

Erin Shakespear said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

LOLOLOL! Thanks for the giggles. Phonetard? ha! Oh. my. I just keep laughing...

Chanelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

They're called "cute". I've seen them sewn together with bias tape as well. Also very cute. I love the one you made me for my shower!