Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rainy Day Crafting


First off NONE of these pictures are in the right order. In my brain they are in a different order but I guess we'll have to make this work :/. It has rained so much this week and last, I decided to take my crafty endeavors outdoors so I may enjoy the rain. I'm so glad I did! I think this is going to be a new tradition for me!! I totally scored at the thrift store last week. The little ducky above was only 15 cents! Since I wanted to do some rainy day painting and ducky was so cheap he drew the short straw for the day and got a paint job.

I still need something else there though. Any ideas? An empty red frame maybe? I dunno, it's the first thing that popped into my brain...



Next we have my inspiration...

Here

and here. I love the little frames and trinkets hanging low around the workspace. My computer desk is in my kitchen and needs help so...


I bought two of these mirrors at the thrift store, dug into my frame stash, and came up with...
These.

I'm kind of done with spray paint for the moment. They NEVER have the particular colors I want so I've been making up my own. I've been using acrylic craft paint and then finishing it with Fast-Drying Polyurethane clear semi-gloss from Minwax. That sure was a long name but it's great stuff. I use it on furniture and everything. I also like that I can use a sponge brush. It's about 5.00 at Walmart. After I have figured out how to arrange these frames and what to put in them, I'll post a picture of the finished product.
The girlies wanted to do some rainy day crafting of their own so we pulled out a tye dye kit Addy had gotten for her birthday. It was only 10 bucks and said you can dye up to 8 shirts with it. I'm pretty excited about it if it works. I'll post pictures when it dries. It was soooo fast, and easy!! Besides Addy's hands it was pretty clean too!!!


1 comments:

Erin Shakespear said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Fun! Wow. You've been getting your craft on. I'm impressed!