Wednesday, March 3, 2010

flowers

All right so I didn't put these pictures in very good order but I'll try and explain (quickly and vaguely) how I did these for those of you that have asked.

This one in Averi's hat is a shiny fabric there are a couple different kinds that will work, polyester will usually work or if it frays A LOT like silks maybe? I'm horrible with fabric names. Anyway, cut out a bunch of random circles and then burn around the edges of them until they curl up, I then either stitch it together in the middle or poke a brad through to hold it all together, hot glue it onto a pin or barret (sp?) and your done :)
This is wire ribbon

This is felt on the bottom then folded tool, frayed cotton and then tool again, all tacked together


This is a close up of the brads I use for the center of the flowers. You can get them in packages at Roberts there are so many different kinds and they are all so cute!Some of the pictures are fuzzy.... This one is also just done by burning the edges


These are just cotton circles cut out and tacked together. You can use felt or fleece for the leaves. Or Sometimes I mix felt in with the cotton, I've done some really cute ones that way but I gave them all away and forgot to take pictures :(

This one just has a pin on the back, we pin it to all kinds of jewelry, headbands, purses whatever.
This one in Addy's hair is one of my favorites. The pearl in the middle is also a brad.
This one is felt, cotton and upholstery fabric. On these big flowers you have to either super glue or stitch some of the layers together so the don't flop around. Sometimes I just sew it all together with my sewing machine in a swirl pattern. Here are a few links to people that are way cuter and have much better access to fabric than I do ;)

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=38995079

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32662660


http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=40436573


Oh and here is Averi this morning. It was Pajama Day today at preschool and I think she was more excited then she was on her birthday and Christmas combined!

8 comments:

Kristi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh my stinking cute!!! Can I just buy some off of you!! So Cute!! ps Love the pjs!! Can I watch your kids for you one night I love them so much !! So stiking cute!

Sundi and Mike Pace said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those flowers are super cute!! I wish I had some cute girlies to make some for! I love seeing all your craft projects...you are so talented! And you are totally welcome to borrow the oompa loompa costume anytime:)

Zach and Shanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sigh...you're amazing.

Elliott and Chanelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Dude, you're getting really good at this. I do the same boring thing over and over when I make them but you are way over and beyond me. I'm impressed.

Harbach Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I was so excited to see your flowers!! I have been doing the same thing, but I have had a hard time finding vintage looking buttons. LOVE IT! I Don't think I have a Roberts craft here in Austin. :( I wish you lived down the street from you so I could pick at your sewing brain or just have someone to sew with. Thats "Sew" cute Sundi;) ... Thanks for sharing!

Myers Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You are so talented cuz! I hope I have a little girl some day to do cute stuff like that (if I could figure out how to do it!)

Sundi and Mike Pace said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

why don't you ever do pictures of me? this is lydia.