Sunday, February 28, 2010

Projects, Addy and Jack :)

Here is my newest and favorite project. I can give myself about 5% of the credit for picking out the colors. I bought this beautiful vinyl decal on etsy. I love it and it was so easy even Averi helped me put it up.
Lydia kept putting Jack on the bed just as I was about to take a picture. She thought the naked baby added just the right touch.
As many of you know I applique EVERYTHING! I've decide I'm going to start posting more of my little craft projects even if I don't think they are "blog worthy". Whenever I'm about to start a big........or small project I like to do a little google image searching and craft blog searching. I love to look at pictures, get an idea and then make it my own, so even though my projects are lame, maybe they can inspire someone to take it a step further and make them cuter. I'm kind of a get it done the fastest and easy/laziest way possible.
Now that Jack is 9 months I've FINALLY finished his bedding. I heavily hinted to my mom that Jack needed a blanket and pillow to go with his bumper I was making him, and she's a bright one so she caught on ;) I can only take credit for the bumper. I just love how it all turned out though, its very Jack-esque ;) Now I just need to finish the rest of the room.

I am also working on making my craft room cuter. I would never even attempt to do one like those you see in the magazines........sooooooo cute but I couldn't work like that and I would never keep it clean, so don't expect much. Here is the dresser I just finished. I don't have any before pictures but trust me it was hideous.
I have been turning my empty formula cans into useful little containers. Does anyone need some? I have way too many now...........

My girls (meaning my sisters, my mom and my daughters) and I have been obsessed with making any and all kinds of flowers. For our hair, our clothes, our hats, their dolls...... even my dresser. I need to take a picture of all the others we have been making. I don't really follow any rules I just put together whatever I feel like using felt, fabric, tool, brads, buttons etc. My mom is the queen though. As I said before I'm a bit lazy when it comes to.........well everything!
As for my next projects..........curtains for my craft room and I need to do something with this desk. I want to mod podge it but lately I haven't been so lucky with Mod Podge. Any ideas? Pointers? It always bubbles on me.

On to the important stuff......Addy lost her first tooth. She was so excited she could barely contain herself, giggling like a silly little school girl! Unlike Lydia (who likes to save), the second Addy got her money it started burning a hole in her pocket. We had to go spend it all at the dollar store straight away!!!
I just had to take a picture of this. Addy has such an interesting style lately. She's all about tucking things in and it doesn't matter what I say, she thinks it looks fabulous, I made her some leg warmers and she finds interesting ways to wear those also. Sometimes she looks like a 80's hippie librarian or something. I love it though. We just go with the flow around here. My kids usually look like orphans.
Jack has started crawling! Also he can pull him self up onto his knees. He thinks he's soooo big.

And here are his two little teeth. We are working on the top two right now.

7 comments:

Kimber said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sundi, I wish I was as crafty as you - I know how to do, well nothing! I like your style too. You have good taste.

Nat Lud said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You are so crafty! Maybe you can come help me 'dress up' my craft room. And that vinyl above your bed is AMAZING! Makes me want to try something fun like that--although it's probably way above my level. ;)

Lori S. said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Super cute stuff! If I lived closer, I would come and take some left-over formula cans for my own craft room! They are GREAT storage containers!!! BTW, LOVED the pink dresser :)

Robyn said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

First of all, your kids are stinkin' adorable! Second, I LOVE your style and the way you decorate. LOVE the vinyl in your room and LOVE Jack's bedding.

Sundi and Mike Pace said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

aaaaaaa...... mom, I LOEVED what you posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (this is lydia) I also LOVED the picture of jack with his teeth. It looks so good, that it makes me think some really, really good photographer took a bunch of really cute pictures of him.

The Royal Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh seriously I have been looking for something to hold markers and sharpies and other craft supplies, we don't do formula so I never thought of that. I would totally take a few and I mean like as many as I can have!! :) FANTASTIC idea! Thanks!!

Shauna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sundi, I think you are the craftiest person I know! Everything you make is so cute!! And I'm sure your kids have never looked like orphans! They are always the cutest kids in the room! I am embarking on some crafts of my own....refinishing/antiquing some end tables. Carrie gave me a few pointers but I wish you lived closer to help me!! :)