Wednesday, January 20, 2010

bedtime

here are a few pictures I took of the kids one fall day at my moms house in St. George



I just love the things my kids say to me as I am tucking them in to bed......First I tucked in Averi who said between tears "mom I wish I had a dream catcher because dream catchers have lots of nets to catch my bad dreams. And the feathers could catch my good ones" After that she asked me (as her and Addy do EVERY night) if I can say a prayer for them that they won't have bad dreams and that they can have "good thoughts". Apparently they think their own prayers don't work for that sort of thing. Next I tucked in Addy who just cries and cries because she misses her daddy (even though she saw him a few hours ago). If he's not there to tuck her in, its VERY traumatic. Then I went into Lydias room......as I tucked her in she said thoughtfully "mom I'm just trying to figure out how I can be a singer but NOT be famous" I tried to explain it to her but she said "no I still want to put on rock concerts for people but just ABSOLUTELY NOT be famous" Don't you just love that time after your kids are in bed and you replay all the little moments in your head from the day? And most of the time I end up thinking 'why did I yell at them for that?' Tomorrow I'm going to be a better mom! I AM trying though :)......................

5 comments:

Nat Lud said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I always have the best of intentions every night after bed that tomorrow will be better and I will be the perfect mom. HA! Then the morning hits and it's pretty much the same. Gotta love the craziness of motherhood! :) Your kids are adorable.

Annie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This was the BEST. Blog-post. Ever!! Not even kidding! Such cute insight. Jack looks just like Mike...I think so anyway.

Kellee and Courtney said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That was such a cute post. I love the calm of bedtime. Everyone in bed and telling me they love me. It really makes it worth it. Then everyday the craziness begins again. Kids really do bring such insight into life. Sounds like you have some great kids.

Robyn said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your kids are adorable!

Danny & Stephanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The last few sentences are so true. Thanks for sharing. I give myself a pep talk every morning. By noon I usually have lost my patience with someone. Keep trying right.