Sunday, June 28, 2009

Trip to SLC

Bare with me here, we just got a new hard drive on our computer and it has screwed EVERYTHING up! I tried to use photobucket to edit my pictures and now they are tiny! Plus I have about a million other computer issues now.

Well we decided to load up and take the kids to SLC. We havn't taken them up north since Lydia was 2. They were so excited!!! We went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House. Which the kids thought was pretty cool. I especially liked the video presentation :), we then went to the zoo, the mall, temple square and took a toor of the Conference Center (which was by far the coolest)


Here are the kids at the zoo, I think they liked the monkeys and giraff's the best. And of course the bird show.

Here is my "iron man" he's got the back pack, Averi and the baby in tow and he wouldn't ever let me help him. Heaven forbid he wrap the baby seat or diaper bag around his arm, that wouldn't be manly enough ;) He takes such good care of us!
The #1 thing the girls wanted to do was go to the "Build a Bear" factory and pick out an animal. Here is Averi with "Cutie Pie"
And Addy with "Ashlyn"
And Lydia with "Lucky". Lydia prefers stuffed animals over any toy in the world! I was never a child that liked stuffed animals very much, I used to try and talk her out of getting them but I've given in to her addiction now. I'm an enabler.

This is the girls on top of the Conference Center. There is something like 5 acres of mountain meadow and trees on top of that building!!! It was so beautiful!



The girls thought this painting was so cool because the people are "life size"
Here we are in the very center of SLC

The Giraffes, and inside the zoo. I forgot to mention the girls favorite part of the trip was jumping on the beds at the hotel. They are not aloud to do that at home, so they spent a lot of time jumping from bed to bed like wild little Indians laughing their heads off :) It was a really fun trip, everyone was so good! Even Jack. And dad was even patient with us when we shopped :)

7 comments:

Nat Lud said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Such fun pictures! I'm loving that pic on top of the conference center! Never been up there! So cute. Loving the build-a-bears too. Brooklynn is a huge stuffed animal freak!

Kimber said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm glad you guys had fun! We are going to try our trip again the end of July. I didn't know they had that on top of the conference center. It looks pretty. We will have to check it out.

Danny & Stephanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very fun pictures! You really have such a cute family and you look beautiful! These pictures make me miss being there. Was it cold there? We are headed up in a few weeks and were hoping for some warm weather. I still need your new address. Email it to danny.nru@gmail.com

The Hamlin Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a fun trip!!! You have such a cute family. I'm glad you had fun and that you were able to spend some time together. I was looking for you at the July 4th park in Cedar!!! It would have been fun to run into you. I need to see your cute little Jack!!!

Shauna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Well, THANKS for calling while you were here!!! I guess I didn't have anywhere for you to stay or anything. But you better call me if you come up again! I'll even let you stay at my house after it's done :)
PS You guys have the CUTEST babies!!

Ryan and Donna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

We used to take trips to Salt Lake for granted. Now trips to SLC are like going to Disneyland for us! Its one big adventure! I think it is so much fun to take trips with our families at this stage and enjoy the adventures through their eyes. We went to the Zoo last week also and had so much fun. I can see I need to take the tour of the conference center. I had no idea there was a forrest on top! It was fun chatting with you guys at the park last week.

marshallfamilyhappenings said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love that Mike is wearing the baby carrier