Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Fruit Salsa




When my mom came to visit she always tries out all kinds of new recipes on us. We love it!! This one was my favorite, I've made it 3 times since she left, I don't usually blog about food but this was just so stinken good and easy and the kids loved it too, so here it is. Obviously you'll see that I don't have the original recipe in front of me so this is going to be very vague.

1 pkg small flour tortillas
your choice of assorted fruit (I prefer berries and apples) chopped into very small pieces
2 or so tbsp of jelly or jam
cinnamon and sugar mixed together for sprinkling
oil for frying

Mix all the fruit and jam together in a bowl then refrigerate for a few hours if you like. Then cut the tortillas like a pizza until they are in large triangle chip like shapes. Turn your burner on about medium, with a pan and oil deep enough to cover the chips, fry both sides of the chips. immediately after removing the chips, cover them with cinnamon and sugar. Dip your chips and enjoy!!

5 comments:

Kimber said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

nice presentation - my mouth is watering just looking at it.

Aubree said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Shoot Dawg......You and your mom aren't going to help me lose these last 27lbs! It actually would be a healthier treat than....hmmm lets say brownies! I think I'm going to change my original position and now thank you for giving me a healthier treat option! Your mom was always trying new yummy recipes. hLove it. Okay, so I need your address. I have a time sensitive item to get to you and your little man. Email it or text it. I only have your old address! Hope all is going well at the Pace house.

Shauna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

mmmmmm. I think you need to make this the next time I am in town! :)

Terry's said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Jack is the sweetest little ball of love!! Congratulations! You look fantastic and I hear your house is beautiful! BTW- If Chloe was a boy, we were considering the name Jack...AND if Lyla was a boy I was going to have Beautiful Boy playing in the background too. Great Minds!
Hope all is well!

Kellee and Courtney said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for the recipe. I made it and took it to our wards girls night out. It was a hit. And I figure that it was better than a lot of treats on the diet. Yummy!