Saturday, May 23, 2009

j is for jack


Hmmmm how do I start. We are so pleased and in love with our new little addition to the family. I had almost forgotten how I could love someone so much, so immediately. Holding a brand new baby in your arms is the closest thing to Heaven you will ever get on this earth! I am loving life! And I will admit I am LOVING not being pregnant anymore. I was turning into an angry unhappy person there for a bit, now I am back to my normal happy self and feeling great! The girls have handled the baby really well. None of them are jealous, and they are very understanding of the time Jack requires, they are very loving and protective of him too. They make sure EVERYONE sanitzes their hands before touching him, even me. When we brought Jack home, they just sat and stared at him for about an hour, Addy kept smelling him and then said "Wow mom's belly must have smelt really good!"

Here is a quick version of the labor story incase I ever start to forget it. I got my membraines stripped on Thursday (a week before my due date), of course I thought it would work so I cleaned the whole house, but nothing happenned, I was sooooo dissapointed. The doc then stripped me again Saturday morning and nothing seemed to be happenning again, (even though the doc was pretty sure it was going to work the first time). I decided to take the kids and some of their friends to the park later that afternoon to get my mind off things. I started having very small non painful contractions at the park. I would have thought nothing of it except they were every 5 minutes for a couple of hours, since I tested positive for "Strep B" (which means you need to have 4 hours worth of antibiotics intravainiously at the hospital before you deliver) we thought we would head in to the hospital early. When we got there they monitered me for an hour before deciding to keep me, shortly after that (still not feeling much pain), the Anethestist came in and said he had to do another surgery soon so he needed to give me my epidural right then. My epidural was in before I even had a single "painful" contraction. A couple hours later they broke my water.........yada yada yada two good pushes and he was out! Honestly I was a little dissapointed at the lack of pain I felt, I was worried Mike wouldn't be proud of me like he usually is. But of course he still was. It was a beautiful moment seeing our baby boy for the first time. Basically his head popped out and he was crying before the rest of his body even came out. They had me nursing him probably 2 minutes after he was born. I nursed him before they even weighed him and he did so wonderful! Anyway theres the story, maybe not quit as short as I meant for it to be, but thats ok.

I can't even begin to express the beautiful feelings that have been felt this past week. Having children is pretty awesome because you finally realize how much your parents love you. I don't think there is any way for you to understand how much and how deeply you are loved until you experience parenthood for yourself. It's a pretty cool thing. My mom came to stay for 4 days, I don't know what I would do without her! She's the best. My husband has been so sweet and helpful too. Having babies is pretty fun because you fall in love with your husband all over again too. I couldn't have wished for a better husband and father. Sorry I am so mushy, its just the way I'm feeling. I'll be done now. There's the story. We love our Jack!

12 comments:

Kimber said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm glad everything went so well for you! He is adorable and aren't all those feelings you are having so great? Having a baby is wonderful, it is quite possibly the best thing in the world! I can't wait to meet little Jack. I need to come still your kids for an afternoon too.

Danny & Stephanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for sharing, that was very sweet and made me a little baby hungry. I am so glad you had such a great experiance. He is so cute! He looks so alert and fun to play with. We would love to come and visit again this summer in July. We will be in Koosharem for a few weeks! We need your new address. email us danny.nru@gmail.com

The Butterfields said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Congratulations! What a beautiful little boy!

John and Mikelle Hafen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

congratulations. he is very sweet.

Myers Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hey Cousin! Congrats on your new sweet boy. He is beautiful! I'm so glad you are doing well. What an awesome family you have. I saw your blog on facebook - ours is myersjb@blogspot.com if you want to see pics of our little guy Mason who is now 8 months old!

Nat Lud said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love that pic! He is super cute. Glad you're doing good! Lydia needs to come over and play soon. We leave on Thursday again so give us a call! :)

marshallfamilyhappenings said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Just two more for me and I'll be an ol pro like you, just popping them out!!!

Shauna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm so excited that you have a blog!!! And Jack is beyond cute! Not to mention he bears an awesome name! Tell Mike hello! And give that cute baby a kiss for me! Hopefully I will make it down there before the next century. And. I'm going to add you to my blog list, hope that's ok! :)

Aubree said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh, I am so glad you have such a great smelling belly! I am still sooooo happy for you.....it is awesome to have both boy's and girls! I LOVE the onesies you make him. So cute. I also would like to ditto all your mushy feelings. I am so in love with my hubby, my boys, my mom and sis's, and of course my precious little Avenlee. It is so true that you don't know how much your parents and Heavenly Father love you until you hold a newborn babe in your arms. Ahhhhh, Lets have another.....you wanna? :0)

Aubree said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

PS I would LOVE it if you made her a onsie. 3-6 months would be awesome. You are so sweet to offer and soooo friggin talented. I wish I could make you something, but I opted to buy :0) Next time I'm in St. George I'll drop it off at your moms house. I think you'll Likey.

Kellee and Courtney said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Cute, cute, cute! It makes me want another just to have the feelings you talk of. I love giving birth and having that new spirit placed in your arms. There is nothing that compares.

Bran and Chelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh Sundi, he is so cute! I am so happy that you guys were blessed to have a boy. They are so much fun:) I'm glad that you're labor went so well for you and that Jack is a healthy little guy...you have a beautiful fam!