Sunday, February 8, 2009

25 Things About Lydia



Here it is, on my kids birthday I get to brag about them for 25 paragraphs! If bragging mother's bother you, then you better not read. Her birthday was actually in November, I'm just a tad bit late ;). This is mostly for her so she can remember what she was like at 7 years old.

1. Lydia has naturally curly hair but she hates gel and scrunching so it's almost always done straight.

2. Lydia is VERY smart (says her mother). She can speed read like no other. She almost never gets a math problem wrong. She remembers EVERYTHING, which keeps me honest. Most of all she just gets stuff. Her teacher told me she is so easy because I don't have to explain anything to her she just gets it. She has taught herself a lot of things, including how to use the computer.

3. Lydia is so compassionate. When she knows she has hurt someones feelings she feels horrible and always wants to fix it. Whenever she hears one of her sisters crying she comes running, which is kind of funny because I've become so numb to it, I just tune it out. The other day Averi turned Lydia's ipod on (she knows she's not supposed to touch it), when she started to tell Lydia what she'd done she couldn't stop crying. Lydia tried so hard to let Averi know that she wasn't mad and that it was ok, she kept consoling her until she finally calmed down. She really hates to see people sad or in pain.

4. Lydia tries really hard to do what's right and has an amazing amount of will power when it comes to making choices between what she wants to do and what she knows she should do. Yesterday she asked me if she would still go to Heaven if she watched a PG movie that said the Lord's name in vain. I didn't quite know how to answer, I told her that yes she could still go to Heaven but the choice was up to her. She decided not to watch it.

5. Lydia has a gorgeous singing voice and usually has perfect pitch too. I don't get to hear her sing very often unless I put my ear up to her bedroom door when she thinks no one is listening.

6. Lydia is very silly. Kids love to be around her because she makes everyone laugh and she also laughs at everyone elses jokes too, even when they aren't funny. Mike and I used to think it was so cute when she gave her daddy courtesy laughs.

7. Lydia loves to make up plays, puppet shows, recitals, stories etc. Lydia and Addy are constantly calling us into their room so they can "do a show" for us. Usually they give us tickets too.

8. The thing Lydia and I argue the most about is her hair. She really does not like it done or sprayed. I've got about 3 minutes every morning and that's all she'll give me. She really doesn't care what it looks like (even though she looks cute no matter what), I kinda like that about her. She's too young to worry about it.

9. Lydia does not like to be late. She has probably been late for school 3 times in the last 2 years, and she stresses about it big time. She doesn't like to draw negative attention to herself and gets embarrassed easily.

10. She isn't much for change. She really doesn't want to move into our new house she doesn't seem to care that it will be bigger and nicer, she just wants to stay here.

11. Lydia likes to hang on to things. She is a HUGE packrat. When she was about 3 we designated her a "special drawer" where she puts all her "treasures". In that drawer you will find wrappers that she thought were pretty, rocks, random pieces of broken plastic, lots of germ infested things that she has found walking home from the bus stop, every card she's ever received, (you get the picture). I have probably cleaned it out at least 50 times and it's still packed to the brim. She also likes to hang on to clothes. I try and tell her "this doesn't fit you anymore, if you give it to Addy, or the DI, I will buy you something new". She doesn't care she would rather keep the old shirt with holes in it that doesn't fit her anymore.

12. Lydia is very responsible, I usually don't have to remind her to do her homework, or brush her teeth, or do her reading. If she knows something is supposed to be done, she usually is the one reminding me.

13. She is a big help to me with her sisters. She reads to them, helps them get dressed, and she often consoles them and tries to solve their problems. That's not to say she doesn't ever cause problems, she does her share of that too. She likes to tease.

14. Lydia really loves music. She loves to sing, dance and listen to it. She tends to like songs with a good beat rather than slow songs. And if a song is too mushy she begs me to change it.

15. Lydia loves the gospel. Her Gammy got her a prayer pad for Christmas, we have always said a family prayer every night before bed but since Christmas she and Addy have started to say their own silent personal prayers too. We have noticed a big change in her since then. She also shows sadness and concern for the kids at school who "don't know about Jesus". She says that she is going to go on a mission.

16. When Lydia grows up she wants to be a teacher, rockstar, doctor or mother. When I explained to her why I don't have a job she seemed to get it and appreciate it that I stayed home with them. I think it's pretty mature of her to understand that. When I was little I always wanted to be a singer or doctor or something but never a stay at home mom. I think she can be anything she wants to be, she is very determined.

17. Lydia likes things just so. She's really excited to have her own room in the new house.

18. Hmmm how do I say this nicely..... she knows how to get what she wants out of her sisters.

19. Lydia loves babies and little kids. She has a special little voice for them and they love her. She can't wait until she can babysit someday.

20. Her favorite ice cream flavor is Vanilla, she's a pretty simple girl. She's does not like anything spicy. Unlike her sister who likes everything spicy :)

21. Lydia loves to laugh..........and laugh, and laugh. She laughs A LOT.

22. Lydia is really good at reading instructions and following directions. Sometimes when I get lost, or forget where things are uptown, I just ask Lydia.

23. Lydia questions people a lot. She is constantly asking dad if he knows where he's going, if he's sure he can drive in this weather, if he is going to hurt himself with that hammer......etc. It drives Mike CRAZY! He'll say "just trust me Lydia, I know what I'm doing".'

24. Lydia is very competitive when it comes to games. She doesn't like to lose.

25. Lydia is sweet sweet sweet! When she was first learning how to spell and make sentences, I went out of town for a weekend. When I came back there was a big note for me written on jumbo size paper. It read as follows "MOM I WEL OWISS LUV YOU". I will always love you Lydia, more than words could possibly express. Your our little "Muffin".



Here is Lydia at 4. This video might look a little weird because I recorded it with my camera off of the TV. I thought it was pretty sweet though.

video

11 comments:

Valley View Ward Relief Society said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh Lydia, we love you!!!

Zach and Shanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That's the Coder's ... oops, once again.

The Torgersen's said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

She is a doll! She's so lucky to have great parents as you and Mike are. I'm sure that's why your all your girls are so great!!

Danny & Stephanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

ALL Moms have bragging rights and you have alot to brag about! She is a doll aswell as the rest of your cute girls. Although we are really excited to see a little boy Pace.

Elliott and Chanelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow, I had no idea Lydia was so wonderful! Just kidding, of course I did. I sure love that girl.

Zach and Shanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Okay, holy smoke. What the LOST?!? We need to talk.
me

Kimber said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

We love Lydia, glad she's our friend.

Lindsie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

ah sund. you are so good to keep up! i still love reading your posts! lydia is so cute. she sounds a lot like savannah. when is your due date exactly??

Nat Lud said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Lydia is a great girl and we are so happy she is Brooklynn's friend. Such fun to read about her!

Zach and Shanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

K, so you got me thinking about what else I could do with my pork and I just wanted to let you know I put Caribbean Jerk on it and served it over pasta. It was really good. I know it's probably too late, but just FYI...in case you have any more of it left. :)

McOmberFam said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

She has a beautiful voice just like her mommy.