Friday, January 2, 2009

Get Ready, Here It Comes......

Eating snow with dad

Get ready cause this blog entry will be my longest one yet. Don't worry I won't feel bad if no one reads it. I haven't blogged in quite a while because life has been so crazy and because I just didn't feel like it frankly. Let me start by saying.... WE ARE HAVING A BOY! For those of you who hadn't heard yet. My girls were so excited. I would post the video but it's too long to fit on here. On Christmas Eve we wrapped a present for them to open, that had the ultrasound pictures and a piece of paper with the word BOY on it. Addy was so excited she about burst into tears. Before the ultrasound she kept saying "I don't care what it is but I really hope the doctor looks inside your belly and see's a line or a tail on the baby"(aka boy parts). Lydia was starting to want another girl, but was still thrilled and Averi changed her mind everyday, so she was just excited to finally know. After the excitement died down Addy said "Oh thank you, thank you mom for the baby boy in your belly" and gave me a big hug and she almost choked Mike with hugs and excitement. It was really fun. We had a really fun Christmas. I was too busy video taping to realize that I wasn't taking many pictures. Here are a few and let me just say that this whole post is extremely jumbled and out of order, I havn't blogged in so long I think I forgot how, atleast it feels like it.
Lydia wants me to let you all know that she is not picking her nose in this picture even though it may appear that way. This is Mike and the girls watching "Mr. Kruger's Christmas" and then "The Nativity". After that Mike read it to us out of the scriptures and then we just talked for a while and sang songs. I love Christmas Eve, it's so precious to hear them talk about baby Jesus and Mary and Joseph. Which reminds me...... Averi has been having nightmeres almost every night lately and it's getting pretty hard to calm her down. The other night I was trying to figure out why she was so scared and she finally said "I'm scared monsters will bite me". After trying to tell her that theres no such thing as monsters, I decided to take another route. I talked to her about how Jesus and Heavenly Father are watching over her and that they would never ever let monsters get her. Then she said "okay I'm not scared because Mary will watch over me too". Of course she still had to sleep on our floor that night, but atleast it calmed her down and I could see that she understood and felt peace. We had a holly jolly Christmas. We woke up in our own house and did the usual opening gifts, then went to Grandma and Grandpa's for our traditional breakfast of ham, eggs and toast mmmmmmmmm nobody cooks em like Grandpa John. They around 3 we headed to my parents house in St. George to relieve everyone of their absolute and utter boredom ;). Seriously though we brought the three funnest things about Christmas with us and their names are Lydia, Adysen and Averi.
Addy asked Santa for a "Glamor Doll House" and she was genuinely surprised that he brought it. She was worried that it was too bit to fit in his sleigh or that maybe she hadn't been good enough. Addy struggled for about a whole week before Christmas. I think the anticipation, the excitement and all of the hussle and bussle were just too much for her. On Christmas day she was an absolute angel and has been ever since. I couldn't believe how grateful she was for every little gift she got.
Lydia asked Santa for an ipod. Mike and I tried to talk her out of it at first because we didn't think she was old enough to really enjoy it or take care of it but we were wrong. She absolutely loves it. She listened to it all day long on Christmas and still listens to it for atleast an hour a day. That little robot dog thing she's holding is a speaker for it. She named it "tuney" and he dances to the music as it plays. Some of Lydia's favorite tunes on her ipod are The Chipmunks, Hannah Montanna, Camp Rock, High School Musical, The Wicked Soundtrack and Some silly Sandra Boyton songs such as "The Belly Button Song".
Averi asked Santa for a newborn baby doll, and he brought her a really cute one, that she can pack around on her tummy in a little backpack. She had been carrying it around on her tummy for about the last 4 hours when I finally asked her to pose for a picture she had just taken it off and refussed to put it back on again "it's getting too heavy" she said. She is extremely stubborn these days. So here she is coloring on Christmas Day. Take notice she is coloring with her left hand, I just discovered that she's left handed. When I told Mike about it he was like "Duh, you just noticed that? I've known that for a long time". Some mom I am. Mike spoiled me this Christmas with a brand new sewing machine! It's the first one I've ever had that wasn't a hand me down. It has a really strong motor and sew's so smoothly. He was really sweet and thoughtful this Christmas with everything he got for everyone. I even sewed me some new pajama pants which are unfortunately too small for my rapidly growing behind :(. Probably the most exciting thing that Mike got was a rare book about the conspiricies for communism. Yup that sort of thing really gets him going. That's why I love him. K maybe that's not why I love him but he is never boring and I do love that. He also got a new computer chair which I am enjoying right now.
Christmas night at my parent's house in St. George. They were playing "Guess Who?" in their new robes. They all three got one and they think they are so nifty. They have been putting them on every morning when they wake up to get warm :). We have also been having a lot of fun as a family with all our new games. We have been playing Twister, Charades, Connect Four and Guess Who. Dad has been so nice to be silly with them and even laugh his head off when they got in their funny twister positions.
Happy New Year!

Gammy and Grandpa came up to make Christmas cookies with us
Addy and Grandpa. Take notice the lovely gingerbread houses in the background. I forgot the camera when we went to Grandma Cathy's to make those. That was fun too and both Grandma and Gammy were so patient and nice to let my kids decorate the cookies and houses however they pleased ;).
Grandpa getting some exercise

After Addy's recital she threw a big fit because she didn't have flowers like some of the other dancers, so dad (the sucker) bought her some on the way home, she was quite happy.

Addy and her cousin Katelyn getting ready for the little Christmas recital. I tried to post a video of Addy's dance but it wouldn't work :(. She danced to "Where Are You Christmas". It was so cute and she was literally smiling the entire time. She loves to dance! Since this year was Lydia's first year with full day school and soccer, we didn't want to stress her out to much so she will start dance in a couple weeks. She's really excited too. She also keeps telling me she wants to play the guitar. Can kids that young play the guitar? I would think it would hurt their fingers too bad but what do I know?


Lydia's last day before Christmas break
Averi eating her favorite food, cheese. It never fails when I get busy doing something she will come ask me over and over again for a slice of cheese until I stop doing whatever I'm doing and get her some. At what age do they start to understand "in a minute k?" Here is cute little Lydia, I wish I would have got this out before Christmas, she lost one tooth 3 days before Christmas and the other the very next day. Daddy pulled them both out. Sorry you have to tilt your head.


I just need to write about tonight. Lydia has been telling me she wants to do the dishes for a while now. And tonight I realized that she was really wanting to redeem a coupon she gave me a long time ago. Usually we just put the dishes in the dishwasher (and I'm not very good about rinsing them first so it's pretty simple), but tonight she wanted to hand wash every dish. I put Averi to bed early and Mike was gone so Addy wanted to help too. We set up a scrubbing, rinsing and drying station. Lydia scrubbed, I rinsed and Addy dried. Both of them said atleast twice "this is so much fun", I told them they were doing a great job and Lydia said "Addy did you hear that? Mom says we're doing a great job!" It was really special and fun to see them take such pride in thier work. I guess we will have to do dishes the old fashioned way more often. After the girls were done with the dishes they asked me if they could get out the baby boy clothes that we have bought and look at them. This is about the third time the have done this. The pull out each little thing and talk about how cute their little baby is going to look in it. And Addy gets a reall thrill out of folding them back up. When their friends come over they always ask them if the know that we are having a baby boy and then they ask if they would like to see the clothes. They think everyone is just as excited as they are, I love it!

Those are just a few things we have been up to. We are also in the midst of building a new house which is set to be done sometime in February. Things are so slow for builders right now that the house is being built quicker than we can make the decisions. Every single day I'm deciding on something new I just hope I make the right ones, it's SCARY! I thought I would love being able to decide everything but I'm starting to resent decisions. I actually sent Mike to make all the decisions on the appliances, guys are smart about that stuff though. I would NEVER send him to make any decision that involved color. I am really excited though, I can hardly wait!!!! I'm doing a lot better with my pregnancy now (another reason I havn't been blogging). I got really sick with this boy and now I feel better I'm just getting fat. Oh well it's inevitable. Now that I've got that really long update out of the way hopefully I'll do better. And for those of you wondering where our Christmas card was.............. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! There it was. Good night!

18 comments:

The Higbee's said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That is sooo exciting!!! Congrats on the boy! :)

Joslyn said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

congrats on the boy! I waved at you today at Canyon View Middle School, but I don't think you saw me. I figured you couldn't see through my tint. You pulled up right next to us to go sledding on that hill of pure ICE! :)

brittney and leeon said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am so glad that you are getting a BOY! Congrats! We just went private on our blog so if you want an invite just let me know your email address beaufish@msn.com

The Hamlin Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

WAHOO!!!! Matt told me about a week ago and we were both relieved. I was afraid you were going to have to have 10 kids before you got your little boy. I'm so happy for you. It will be so much fun for you to throw a boy in the mix. CONGRATS on your new house too!!! How exciting. Your family is adorable...loved the update!!! I missed reading about you guys!!!

Boo and Sara said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Congratulations! It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. I am excited about your new home. Can't wait to see it.

Berezay said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

First of all....how did I miss you were even pregnant! Double surprise for me!!! Congratulations! That is just too cool! I was starting to wonder if someone had kidnapped you for being good cookers.;) It looks like Christmas and your new year was way fun! Your dad is hot by the way...I've actually have never seen him! But then...look at you! ;) Happy New Year..glad your back! I can't wait to see what you create with your new machine! Which by the way we bought McKelle her first machine for christmas. (only $23) It just does a basic stitch but she wants to be a fashion desginer so we thought we'd see how she does. Any suggestions for her. I bought her two patterns. One for a poncho and one for pj's. we'll see how she does!?

Robyn said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

YEA!!!!!!!!!!! A Boy! Congrats!

marshallfamilyhappenings said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yay for a boy. I'm sure our boy will be able to beat yours up since yours is surrounded by dolls and dress ups. I'm excited for you guys

Aubree said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Congrats again on the big news! I'm glad you're finally feeling better. Yaaaay for boys! You're kids are so cute. Glad you had fun this holiday season. Where are your belly pics? I want to see it!

Elliott and Chanelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I read the entire thing! I missed you guys too. I can't wait to have a fun little family Christmas with little kiddies of my own.

Erin Shakespear said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I loved your long entry! :)

Congrats again on the boy!

Justin and Steph said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I was so sick with my 2 boys but they were worth every second of it. I'm so excited for your family! You must feel like you are losing your mind with the holidays, being pregnant, building a house, on top of the everyday Mommy duties. Hats off to you...I love your long blog!

John & Shauna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

WOW! A boy. That is really exciting for your girlie girls. Do you have a name picked out? Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas

Ann said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

YAy! congrats on having a boy! Hope your feeling well!

The Grantham Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Congrats on the boy!! However, I have to tell you....get ready to be on the run ALWAYS. I am sure with 3 kids you already are but boys are CRAZY WILD!!

ps. Tell your husband he looks super "special" in that picture! Made for a good laugh though!

The Brogly's said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

haven't tried to call have you? We have been having a huge problem with our phones, but they are fixed now. My mom has a big bag of lace and girly things to give you also. So you can pick them up when you come. Home251-9131 cell229-6196

Kristi Barnes said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I confess I didn't read all of it word for word but most of it, but CONGRATULATIONS! I had no idea you were expecting. Your girls are just too cute. I love to just look through your pictures, because they are so adorable. Glad you had good holidays and hope things are well.

Lyndsi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sundi Rae! For some reason, my blog list didn't update with your wonderful new post. I apologize for being so late in saying CONGRATULATIONS!!! What wonderful news for your family. You will love having a baby boy and I'm sure his sisters will just adore him. I hope you are feeling better. When are you planning on getting into your new home? We'd love to come and see you!