Wednesday, December 3, 2008

"Good Cookers"

I know this is just the cutest picture of Mike. But if he's going to continue playing his funny little joke of ruining every picture ever taken of us, then this is what he's going to have to look forward to.

Last night we were having corn (from a can) as a side with dinner. Ady dove right into it, and then slowly stopped chewing and set her fork down. She then said.... and keep in mind she's only 4, "mom, I think you and dad are really good cookers but I just don't really recognize this corn. When I ate corn at Grandma Cathy's house I really liked it, but I'm sorry I don't recognize the way this corn is so I'm not going to eat it k?" What could I say? She was trying so hard not to hurt my feelings. Grandma Cathy's corn of course, is home grown and then bottled or frozen..........apparently Ady prefers the non processed version.

This is a random post, but I just had a few thoughts to jot down, and a few seconds to do it. I get on a blogging kick for a while and then I go for a while when I don't write anything or check anyone elses. I also struggle because there's a little part of me (which I try to deny to my husband), that wants to write about interesting things so that people will actually enjoy reading our blog and want to check back. Then theres another part of me that knows, when I go back 5 or however many years from now and want to read all this, I, and my family will just be interested in reading about the cute things my kids said and did, and the special moments our little family had. Sooooooo, I'm going to try and concentrate on the important stuff a little more. With that being said, let me just share my feelings about gas prices right now. Today I filled up my Honda Oddessy, it was running on completely empty and I was so surprised to find the gas stop at 26 bucks!!! That's right. I remember filling it up earlier this year and having it be 70 bucks!!!! I'm just so happy, do you know what this means people? It means I can go to St. George for about 10 dolla!!! Woooohoo! Maybe I'll even drive around town just for the heck of it. Well, there are still a lot of things that I should probably blog about, I had a whole post planned in my head about Thanksgiving, and then theres my 100 things about me list that I started 6 months ago, also I still have to write my 25 things about my precious little Lydia. I think I'll do that one next. Later.

16 comments:

Justin and Steph said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

How cute, from the mouth of babes!! I totally hear you about gas. It used to cost me $90 to fill up my Durango now it is only $40. I feel the same way about blogging!

Beth said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That is hilarious what Ady said about the corn! At least she was nice about it. There is no way Harper would have been that nice about it. I agree with her though...frozen corn is sooo much better than canned! We really do need to go to dinner or something with you guys!

Mills Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mills Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi sundi! I was just checkin in! (sorry, I messed up and then deleted my first comment Hey, I ust have to say that love fresh/frozen vegetables better than the processed as well...but usually we are stuck with canned....I don't know, ...I just keep buying them canned. But you've got me thinking I'll be changing that! Hey, I love the low gas prices also. It is the one really wonderful thing going on in this time of recession. I know of some who are losing jobs, some who are losing houses, and others who are being affected in different kinds of ways by this crazy time in our nation. But the gas prices are a happy thing!! I'll check in again another time! Lis

Aubree said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Kids say the darndest things! Haha, I guess mine is the only one that cusses! Check out my last post if you are into blogging this week :-) Cute, cute, post. I hope our kids never stop saying funny things. They provide all the entertainment I need.

Aubree said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

PS you are making dinner....you must feel better or maybe you're just a better wife and mom than me. When I'm prego and sick we eat out a LOT because I don't want the smells to be in my house. GROSS.

Zach and Shanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm just the same way on blogging...I totally go in waves. Don't you just love the little things kids say? I keep a journal that I just jot the things down it and I absolutely love going back and reading it. They grow up too fast!

Berezay said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You should never stop telling us the cute things your kids say...we all love them! Just get out of your head and remember we love you for you! ;) And I'm with Ady....canned corn sucks! When Jason had his bone marrow transplant, it oddly enough smells like canned corn. I thought I was going to throw up...and it smelled like that ALL day! (it's done through an IV...in case you were wondering why I was in the surgery room or something!;))

The Hamlin Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So sweet that she didn't want to hurt your feelings. Don't worry...you are probably good cookers in other areas other than corn!!! HAHAHA!!! Are you guys going to find out what you are having...boy or girl??? I hope you are feeling good and having a great pregnancy!!!

Beth said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I need your email address so I can send you the pictures of your kids with Santa. They didn't turn out the greatest. I think I had my camera on a weird setting or the flash wasn't on or something, but if you want them let me know.

Aubree said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sundi Rae, I was just reading on Britney's blog that you LOVE Christmas cards and yet you never sent me back a text with your address! Maybe you had already recieved your quota on texting that day :0) Anyway, let me know what your address is if you want our mugs on your coffee table. Also I am requesting a belly shot too.....that is if you have one! You probably don't yet you skinny minny

Elliott and Chanelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love your tree! Ady is so articulate! BTW, do you have any pictures of Elliott and I? I need some

John and Mikelle Hafen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

love the pic of you two! love your Christmas tree and yay for gas prices!

brit said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

brittybrat111@hotmail.com

email me and then i can even give you my phone number if that is easier.

Danny & Stephanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I didn't know you were pregnant. Congratulations!!!!!! We are so excited for you. I am always excited to hear about new babies coming, even though we are done. I don't think the feeling of wanting another one will ever go away. We hope your famiy had a wonderful Christmas!

Elliott and Chanelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

When are you going to say something new? I need an update!