Monday, November 10, 2008

Lydia is 7!

Lydia had a wonderful birthday. On her birthday (Nov. 5) I took her out of school a little early and we headed to St. George to go swimming at Sand Hollow. I know for all you lucky people in St. George (or other big cities), swimming in an indoor pool with a water slide is no big deal, but for my kids it was better than Disneyland! Seriously I don't think they stopped laughing or smiling for a whole two hours. And they kept saying "this is absolutely the best day ever!" They were pretty excited that they could go down the water slide by themselves and also with me. We have a hydrotube at the pool in Cedar but it's just a teaser for them because they are not tall enough to go on it yet. My mom (aka Gammie) came with us, it really was just a blast. There were a bunch of teenagers there with all black clothes on and my mom said "geez it must be socially awkward day today or something", I thought they were the drama club, but when we got to the locker room we figured out that they were polygamists, I wonder why they wear all black? Anyways a special shout out to Shanna Coder (my proffessional cake decorator) for making Lydia's beautiful cake. Lydia kept saying to people "oh you should have seen my cake". The poor thing, I'm not much for baking. I love to cook, but baking cakes is just not my thing (as I'm sure some of you picked up on when looking at the picture of Averi's cake). I will write my list of 25 things about Lydia another day (when she's not being such a stinker)........I forgot to mention the fish! Lydia got 3 fish for her birthday (we are already down to only two), she was soooo happy she could hardly stand it. "Finally a pet!" she exclaimed. Thank you Grandma Cathy and Grandpa John!

11 comments:

Kimber said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy Birthday Lydia! I love the cake! and I also like that Grandma Cathy, she is pretty cute. It looks like you guys had fun swimming. I have never been to that place in St. George. I'll have to check it out sometime, looks like fun.

Kellee and Courtney said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It looks like an awesome birthday! We had fish once. We will just leave it at that. Sand Hollow is way fun. Have you been to the new Washington Rec Center pool. I would say my kids enjoy it even more.

Roger and Tammy Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

happy Birthday Lydia!!!you are getting to be such a beautiful grown up girl, I hope you had a great birthday

The Torgersen's said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Our babies are no longer babies anymore! Happy Birthday Lydia!!

Lindsie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

cute cute cake!! that looks so fun at sand hollow! i guess we should take advantage living so close to it. your posts are so cute! have to ask what the heck is that video in the one before??? ha ha ha! so dumb!
ok, so everyone in our neighborhood just built at the time when the market went downhill. so a lot of houses that were built are now just sitting. we got our mortgage company to come down on our monthly, so were good! i went out and tore that for sale sign right out of there. anyway, you will for sure have to call me and come over when you come down next ok? love you!!

oh, and i use clinique mascara. it's funny you asked that cause i got eyelash extensions a couple weeks before hawaii and they all fell out (with my eyelashes) before we left! so i was really sad and felt bald the whole time there. so your comment made me feel better!:) and this is a REALLY long comment. happy birthday lydia!

Lindsie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

sorry that was me that deleted cause my REALLY long comment posted twice...
ok bye

Terry's said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Too cute! I love the cake, and I loved the mermaid cake before...so what are you talking about?!
I am sending that video to my friend who is pregnant with #5. It's so funny that it's sad, or it's so sad that it's funny.Either way.

Valley View Ward Relief Society said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I spit my hot chocolate out when I read "professional cake decorator" har, har! I'm glad she had such a wonderful day. Don't you love seeing the grins on your kids' faces?

Zach and Shanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ugh. One of these days I'll figure this out. VVWRS is Shanna.....sorry

Mills Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy Birthday Lydia!!! Trey thinks Lydia is a fun friend! And I'm so happy that you get to read with Trey each week! I didn't know that. That is awesome! Anyway, I just always have thought that Lydia is just such a doll! love, Lis