Sunday, October 19, 2008

Conference Weekend

I have been meaning to post these pictures and write about our weekend (for my own record), but I'm a little slow. We had such a special weekend together as a family. I really enjoyed all the talks given in conference, especially the one by President Monson about enjoying life "NOW" I really don't want to look back at myself 20 years from now and wish I had done more with the kids or slowed down a little or listened to them better, I think that would be a horrible feeling, to look back and feel that you had done a bad job as a mother or wife, obviously we all are going to feel that way sometimes but as a whole I want to be happy with the choices I've made when its all said and done. It is a subject I spend a lot of time worrying about, I probably should worry about something else like the economy which I seem to kind of be in denial about. I can't stand to watch the news lately I just like to pretend that everything is fine :). Anyway...........back to the subject. On Saturday it rained and rained so we stayed indoors and played card games with the kids. Sunday we went for a drive up the canyon, we went all the way up to the very top of the mountain. I couldn't believe how beautiful it was, there really is no way to describe the mountains up here in the fall. Anyway we filled the back of the truck full of branches and leaves to adorn our porch, then came home and picked all the pumpkins from our pumpkin/weed patch in the back yard, and then picked all the tomatoes. It was so fun to see how excited the kids got every time they brought me in a bag full of tomatoes, there were a ton! The best part of garnening (which actually Mike does not me) is seeing the enjoyment that the kids get out of it. That was last weekend.............

Now for this weekend, our Stake Presidency asked us to go without power, water or gas for a whole 24 hours starting Friday night at 6. That night we had so much fun playing flashlight games with the kids, we were all huddled around the same light source with pretty much nothing else to do but spend time with each other. We played a game where we took turns shining the light on our faces and then we had to say our names each time in a different mood, while others tried to guess what mood we were in. It was pretty darn funny. One of Ady's moods was "rockstar" that one was a little bit harder to guess but dad got it. Anyway it was a learning experience for sure it took us the whole day just to prepare for 24 hours without power, atleast we are now prepared for when it really does go out. It really stunk not having water though! Well that's what we've been up to. If anyone has a pirate costume for a 6 year old girl or a chearleader costume for a 3 year old let me know. Maybe I have something you need too.



6 comments:

Dave/Rilla said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a cute family! You are sucha sweet mamma. Keep it up.

brit said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i have a boys pirate costume. (2 actually) let me know if your interested.

Berezay said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have a BYU :( cheerleader costume? It's a size 6...I think...and I need to make sure I have it all....email me if you're interested THEN I'll look! ;) one2manydiapers@hotmail.com
I love your pictures! You guys are too cute!

The Hamlin Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Mike told Matt about the 24 hours without power. It's a great idea...but I'm kind-of scared to do it because than I will know how unprepared I really am. But, that's why we would do it...to help us find out what things we really need. Great pictures...your girls are getting BIG!!!

Zach and Shanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Looks like fun!!! I want to see pics of the witches. :)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Several practitioners are pleased to combine any of the strategies. Case among the great things that might be whenever you use the net to find a suitable provider of men sizegenetics. It's really a higher method than taking a look at phone publications or maybe newspapers commercials. It's so much simpler to customize the experience when you finally attend a web page. Aided by the greatest websites, you are going to have search functions which will certainly make it easier to restrict your search to places or areas. Always be able to find out equally scheduling details and a menus of prices.
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/