As I've said before I want to start doing this little list after each of my children have a birthday. So here it is.....finally!
1. Averi is generally a happy person. She loves to laugh and smile. Definitely my happiest kid.
2. Although Averi is blessed with two sisters to play with, she doesn't necessarily need them to entertain her. When her sisters are gone I don 't even see her. She just goes back into their room and plays pretend for hours and hours. She's pretty funny to listen to, if she's playing with a with a boy figure, she never gives him a real name his name is just "boyfriend". When I ask her if she wants to go somewhere she says "not right now I'm playing k?" Oh and you are only allowed to "pretend play" with her if she can tell you exactly what to do and say.
3. Sometimes at night when Mike and I think she's asleep we go in there to check on her and she has been silently playing with her toys in the dark. She's very sneaky she knows not to make noise or we'll catch her. The other day I went in to check on her and she had fallen asleep kneeling over her bed while playing with her little people.
4. Averi love's to be read to. It's so fun to be the person watching when dad is reading, because her facial expressions are so intense and interested.
5. Averi isn't very patient.
6. She likes to be silly when she knows it's absolutely important that she not be (like during prayer)
7. Whenever one of her sisters has made up a game to play she always thinks it sounds like a great idea, even if the game seems a little unfair or one sided to me, she usually just does whatever they want her to.
8. Averi likes to take her time with stuff (especially when we are in a hurry and especially when she's on the pot).
9. Averi is very sweet and considerate about things that are important to her sisters. She gets excited for them.
10. Sometimes she wrinkles up her face, talks in a really high voice, tilts her head and calls her sisters "sweetie pie".
11. Averi likes to hold hands with me everywhere we go when we are in the house or when she wakes up in the night and needs to go potty, she likes to hold my hand to the potty, but of course she never wants to hold my hand in the parking lot.
12. She has sensitive feelings. She can tell when I'm getting frustrated with her and then she starts to cry and says "don't be mad at me k!" Then of course I feel awful.
13. Averi gets really upset when she spills something or breaks something on accident. She thinks we are going to be so mad at her. I feel so bad it takes a minute to calm her down.
14. She has started to have separation anxiety..........Ahhhhh! I don't know what to do about that
15. Averi only has one volume when singing , LOUD!
16. She loves her grandparents and asks if we can go to Gammy's house in St. George just about everyday.
17. I have no idea why she's so chubby because she doesn't eat! Basically her diet consists of hot dogs, strawberries, grapes, milk, chicken nuggets and cereal...........oh and anything with sugar she can get her hands on.
18. It's impossible to get her to eat something she doesn't want to.
19. She's pretty good at cleaning up for her age.
20. Averi HATES having her hair washed.
21. Whenever she needs more time with something she always says "two minutes k?" to her that means an endless amount of time.
22. Averi is very squishy and she lets us squeeze her all we want, which makes her daddy very happy.
23. Averi is very clever and she knows just what to say or what tricks to pull when she needs to get out of doing something she doesn't want to.
24. She talks quite a lot for her age, and loves to play with big girls. She thinks she's bigger than she really is.
25. She's just so darn sweet with her little face and smile and voice, we love her so much, she was a surprise to us and we are so happy that Heavenly Father sent her. He know we needed her!
Friday, October 3, 2008
Posted by Sundi @ The Life of a Cheap Chickadee at 2:48 PM