Friday, October 3, 2008

25 Things About Averi


As I've said before I want to start doing this little list after each of my children have a birthday. So here it is.....finally!

1. Averi is generally a happy person. She loves to laugh and smile. Definitely my happiest kid.

2. Although Averi is blessed with two sisters to play with, she doesn't necessarily need them to entertain her. When her sisters are gone I don 't even see her. She just goes back into their room and plays pretend for hours and hours. She's pretty funny to listen to, if she's playing with a with a boy figure, she never gives him a real name his name is just "boyfriend". When I ask her if she wants to go somewhere she says "not right now I'm playing k?" Oh and you are only allowed to "pretend play" with her if she can tell you exactly what to do and say.

3. Sometimes at night when Mike and I think she's asleep we go in there to check on her and she has been silently playing with her toys in the dark. She's very sneaky she knows not to make noise or we'll catch her. The other day I went in to check on her and she had fallen asleep kneeling over her bed while playing with her little people.

4. Averi love's to be read to. It's so fun to be the person watching when dad is reading, because her facial expressions are so intense and interested.

5. Averi isn't very patient.

6. She likes to be silly when she knows it's absolutely important that she not be (like during prayer)

7. Whenever one of her sisters has made up a game to play she always thinks it sounds like a great idea, even if the game seems a little unfair or one sided to me, she usually just does whatever they want her to.

8. Averi likes to take her time with stuff (especially when we are in a hurry and especially when she's on the pot).

9. Averi is very sweet and considerate about things that are important to her sisters. She gets excited for them.

10. Sometimes she wrinkles up her face, talks in a really high voice, tilts her head and calls her sisters "sweetie pie".

11. Averi likes to hold hands with me everywhere we go when we are in the house or when she wakes up in the night and needs to go potty, she likes to hold my hand to the potty, but of course she never wants to hold my hand in the parking lot.

12. She has sensitive feelings. She can tell when I'm getting frustrated with her and then she starts to cry and says "don't be mad at me k!" Then of course I feel awful.

13. Averi gets really upset when she spills something or breaks something on accident. She thinks we are going to be so mad at her. I feel so bad it takes a minute to calm her down.

14. She has started to have separation anxiety..........Ahhhhh! I don't know what to do about that

15. Averi only has one volume when singing , LOUD!

16. She loves her grandparents and asks if we can go to Gammy's house in St. George just about everyday.

17. I have no idea why she's so chubby because she doesn't eat! Basically her diet consists of hot dogs, strawberries, grapes, milk, chicken nuggets and cereal...........oh and anything with sugar she can get her hands on.

18. It's impossible to get her to eat something she doesn't want to.

19. She's pretty good at cleaning up for her age.

20. Averi HATES having her hair washed.

21. Whenever she needs more time with something she always says "two minutes k?" to her that means an endless amount of time.

22. Averi is very squishy and she lets us squeeze her all we want, which makes her daddy very happy.

23. Averi is very clever and she knows just what to say or what tricks to pull when she needs to get out of doing something she doesn't want to.

24. She talks quite a lot for her age, and loves to play with big girls. She thinks she's bigger than she really is.

25. She's just so darn sweet with her little face and smile and voice, we love her so much, she was a surprise to us and we are so happy that Heavenly Father sent her. He know we needed her!

18 comments:

Elliott and Chanelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I miss Ave so much! The things you said reminded me of Bubs when he was little.

The Torgersen's said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

She is a cutie pie for sure! Reading that list left me all warm and fuzzy inside and it makes me want to do one for my kids......great idea!

Beth said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a little cutie Averi is! I need to be a better mom and do something like that for my kids.

Zach and Shanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a sweetie! She is wonderful!

Zach and Shanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh, and your blog is cute!

kristi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

How cute. 3 is such a fun age...sometimes:) The list was an awesome idea. I need to sit down and make lists of my own to remember the kids at each age. They change so much each year, it's kinda sad!

Aubree said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

She is a very darling little girl. It was so fun to see how beautiful all your girls are inside and out. You should have another :-)

brit said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

she really is darling!

Jod Jas Curtis said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

She is an absolute doll!! You have the most beautiful girls, they seem so fun :) their pics turned out so cute.
I love the punkin shirts too. Gosh, you are so talented girl...
luvs
jodi

Kimber said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sundi, Averi is so cute! I love her cute little face. I finally got a blog. You can check it out if you want. minermadness.blogspot.com.

Kellee and Courtney said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love the list idea! Isn't it funny how sometimes our little "surprises" are exactly what we need. It just reaffirms that heavenly father knows exactly what we need.

Roger and Tammy Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy third birthday Averi! Your such a doll!!!

The Hamlin Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

She sounds like such a sweet little girl. Not to mention how adorable she is!!!

DeMille Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

She is so cute! What a fun idea to do for each of your kids! Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you on the shirt thing. Yes I would like a onesie done and I don't have a preference on one so I will just pay the $12 and if you have cute boy ones too, I would like to get a boy onesie. Size 6 months or around there.

Meredith said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

WEIRD REQUEST... Hello, I know you do not know me but I served in the same mission with your husband Michael and I also served with Terrel Torgersen. I was wondering you could pass my email on to him so I can touch base with him? I tried to get to their blog but they are private. Sorry for the weird request, I hope I do not come off as nut job... Thanks

Shane Urry
shaneurry@gmail.com

John and Mikelle Hafen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

don't we just love our little ones! oh, and cute cake!

marshallfamilyhappenings said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I heard a rumor about YOU!!!!!!!!

John & Shauna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sundi,
A cutie blondie. Were you blonde? I like the shirt, it turned out cute.