Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Weekend

We had a wonderful Labor Day weekend. Saturday Mike went and hiked the "Subway" at Zion's with my brothers and dad while my mom and us went to MCdonald's, swam in the backyard and shopped a little. Then we spent the night (which we NEVER do) and came back the next day. It was fun to have my parent's all to ourselves it was pretty chill. On Monday we went to the Iron County Fair and spent our life savings on about 6 rides! We really had fun though. As I've said before it's always fun when "dad's there". He makes life much more enjoyable, and he's always good for some laughs. Actually he finds a lot of joy in teasing us. If he can get a couple really dirty looks from me or even a good slap in the face then he's accomplished his goal for the day. I forgot to mention how proud I am of Lydia for nurturing her beautiful sunflower. She got the seed's from school in May with the intention of entering it in the county fair in Sep. She has always been so responsible and diligent when it comes to stuff like that. After 4 months of watering, she was very happy to see the reward of her labors......... on Labor Day :)

10 comments:

Kate said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

We went to the Fair on Saturday and had a ton of fun and also spent our life saving but it was worth every penny :) Kids are so fun!!

Annie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your family is so stinkin cute! Those girls are gorgeous! I tried to grow some sunflowers. I got one, and it didn't grow more than about 5 inches tall. It never even made it to the "flower" stage. What a good job she did on that flower. So pretty.

Valley View Ward said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great flower Lydia!!! You'll have to teach us how you did it.

Zach and Shanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

oops! That was Shanna, not the VVW Relief Society...

Beth said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You have the cutest little family! I've always wanted to go to the Iron County Fair, but we always seem to be out of town. It looks like a lot of fun.
Thanks for letting Harper play the other day. He had a great time! We'll have to let them play again sometime.

Harbach Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your girls are darling! looks like you had a ton of fun at the Fair.

Roger & Tammy Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Lydia your flower is great you ned to come and help me , my flowers didn't do to well this year!!
Hi to the Pace fam.

The Hamlin Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What an awesome flower Lydia. I loved all the pictures at the fair. It looks like you guys had a great weekend too. We totally forgot about the Iron County fair. That's something we always go to. Maybe next year!!!

John & Shauna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sundi,
Yes, I used wonder under to make her number shirt. I keep wondering what else I can use wonder under for. I love it!

Elliott and Chanelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your kids look SO cute ALL the time! I bet Mike just LOVED riding in the giant strawberry. What a thrill.