Tuesday, August 19, 2008

That's how I know I love her!

video
I was laying in bed thinking about if I had to choose an age to freeze my children in time what age would I choose? I know that's a horrible question because each age brings different blessings and challenges so I love them all but I just think all my little girlies were so cute and squishy at age 3 with their chubby little bodies and squishy little voices. It doesn't matter what they are saying or doing it's cute. Averi is just a ball full of chubby, sticky, squishy sweet fun. She is so cuddly and lovable, and her stuttering is the best. I realized I don't talk about her enough in my posts, after all this is my journal/scrapbook/family record these days. So after I decided to freeze my children in time at age three, that night I dreamed that I went and got the video camera out and I pulled out a 3 year old version of Lydia to play with for a day ( of course in my dream this seamed like a perfectly normal thing to do), I had so much fun with her. Then at the end of the day I traded her back in for the older Lydia. I woke up wishing I could do that once in a while, that would be better than freezing time. Wow I'm really not making a whole lot of sense, I guess I just wanted to say how much I love my baby girl, as I do all of them. I really do feel so blessed and thank my Father in Heaven for them every night. I'm pretty sure I would just sit around staring at the wall wondering what was missing in my life if I didn't have them.


This was Averi last weekend when we went camping for the first time (my camera ran out of batteries after these were taken). As you can see she was extremely thrilled to be sleeping with the whole family in a tent! We had so much fun. It was a ward campout so needless to say with the crying babies and dogs and talking all night we didn't get a whole lot of sleep but the girls thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. They made a fort in the trees, played "detective and spies" and roasted marshmallows. As you can see they got very dirty, they were so good though, they didn't whine once!

4 comments:

Aubree said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So stinkin' cute! Ohhhh I wish I could freeze my little munchkins. You said it perfect....so squishy and full of fun. I need to get my little guy singing all the Mama Mia songs on video....yes he knows all the lyrics! That kid can memorize songs so dang fast. Oh, too cute. You girls are so beautiful.

Zach and Shanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That was a very good explanation of how I feel about my littles too. So have you forgiven us yet for not going camping? ;) It looked like fun!

Brittany and Chris said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Such a doll!!! It is such a fun age...

Elliott & Chanelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh Ave! I miss her so much. I miss the rest of you too but...you know how it is. i wish I could get pregnant and pop out one that was the same age as Ave because it is the best age, or atleast a real fun one!