Thursday, August 28, 2008

1st Day of 1st Grade

It's official. Someone else is now spending more time in the day with Lydia than I am :(. I feel so out of control! I'm not worried about her teacher she has Mrs. Prisbrey and I think she's wonderful! I'm just worried about all the children she's hanging around with and all the words she hears coming out of their mouths, and the attitudes that may be rubbing off on her. Lydia has good friends right now but I don't know ALL the kids in her class. AHHHH so much to worry about! Every day when she gets home from school she comes home acting like a teenager. I have to take an hour just to decontaminate her.
Anyway this post was meant to talk about Lydia's first day of school, not about my endless motherly worries. She was so excited to start her first day she could hardly stand it. She wanted me to walk her in but only to the classroom door. I tried to linger a bit and give her a hug but she wasn't having it. It was kind of funny. I love my little Lydia and I know she will do wonderfully with her studies, she is very smart! (it's the social part I'm worried about). I really shouldn't be that worried though, she knows what's right. The other day she came home and told me that she had accidentally hurt her friends feelings. I said "how" and she said "well I didn't want to play with her at recess so I ignored her", so I said "well what do you think would make her feel better", she thought about it and then said "to call her and tell her I'm sorry". So she did. I'm proud of her for doing the right thing, hopefully she will continue to have a conscience.

5 comments:

The Torgersen's said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Next thing we know Sundi, our kids will be off to college and thinking about missions and marriage - it's then when we'll feel totally out of control!

Zach and Shanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh what a sweet girl! I think first grade is going to kill me.

Elliott & Chanelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Chill out home slice! You live in CEDAR! I don't think you need to worry too much. Aw, Lydia! She's on growed up!

Aubree said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Darling! And look at you getting your fam to use our phrase! I feel very special right now, and think if everyone talked like us the world would be a better place :-) Also, I need you to send me a pic when you finish the shirt.......and a shirt in my size if you feel so inclined :-) Cute, cute girl. I can't see her getting into trouble EVER. Later Homes

John & Shauna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sundi,
I feel for you. I love this post because Lily should be going to school, but misses the deadline by 2 weeks. I am not ready at all. It's the last time you are their only influence. good luck. Your girls are really cute.