Monday, May 5, 2008

You look like a monkey.......... and you smell like one too!

Could she get any happier? This is the face Ady had on all day on her birthday. She was sooooo excited that she woke up a little too early. I told her to lay by us for a minute until it was time to open presents. She laid with her face about one inch from mine. She kept really quiet but everytime I would open my eyes to peek at her she had a huge goofy smile on her face. I started laughing so hard that we all just got up. After she opened her presents, there was one card left (wich was the first clue to the treasure hunt which led to her bike) but she just kept saying "no I don't want to open the card right now I just want to play with my toy" finally Lydia caught on and said "Ady you reeeeeealy want to open this card". When she saw the bike she was so excited, and she didn't even notice that it was realy Lydia's old bike with a little bit of paint and stickers on it. She feels like such a big girl now.
It turned out really cute, we put her name on the side of it.
Lydia gave Ady a digital pet. Lydia has had one for a long time and she knew Ady really liked it. When you touch the digital pets together they dance together on each others screens. Lydia was such a sweetheart the whole day. She tried her very hardest to make it a special day for Ady and didn't complain or feel sorry for herself once. She exemplified true maturity. Wish I could say the same for Averi.... what can you expect though, she's only two. :)
Oh look she actually does get happier. That was even the look on her face during Chanelle's whole graduation. Everyone else was a little bored, but not Ady...... just grining ear to ear.
I was so proud when Chanelle walked through the D, we screamed our guts out for her. I have to admit though, my mom and I were listening for the name Chanelle Vowles. I keep forgetting she's married.
Obviously Chanelle graduated on Ady's birthday so we had a little family party at my mom's. Where Uncle Derek and Uncle Elliot got the kids REALY wound up. My kids think my brother Derek is the funniest guy alive! He looks like a doofus in this picture. That's cause he is, but he's a cute doofus. The night before Ady's birthday I let her pick the lullaby and she picked the birthday monkey song. All day she kept saying "tell me happy birthday mom"
On Monday we had a water party for Ady and her friends. My lovely sister-in-law let me have it in her back yard since we're lame and still don't have grass in ours.
The whole party the sun kept going in and out of the clouds so it would be freezing one minute and blazing the next. The kiddos made the most of it though. It was really fun.
Ady wanted a mermaid cake, so here it is. I'm not much for cake decorating but it turned out really yummy. I did a double layer strawberry ice cream cake with grahm cracker crust and whip cream frosting. Thanks to Shanna Coder for all the tips!
4 years old!
We played games like fish, fish, shark, mermaid says and throw the water balloons at Sundi.
They threw them off of a high deck at me. It kinda hurt!
I wish I had gotten a picture of everyone. They were all so cute with their swimsuits and melvins! Most of them didn't even care that it was FREEZING. That's what we get for living in Cedar.

7 comments:

Boo and Sara said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ady is beautiful! It is so fun as a mom to see your kids get so excited! Looks like it was a fun day.

Danny & Stephanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a fun birthday party! You are such a cute mom. We are coming to Utah in July, we will have to get together and see your cute kids!

The Hamlin Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADY!!! Looks like she had a great day and a fun party. She is such a cutie!!!

The Greener's said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy Birthday Ady! It looks like a very fun B-day party!!! Sundi I love the cake.

Sisto Gweeno

Zach and Shanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your cake turned out darling! My girls loved the party! It sounds like it was a wonderful day!

Aubree said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a cute cake!!! You don't need any help in that department :-) Don't have anything new to say.....you and your daughters are still beautiful! Your blog is always so fun to look at. Maybe someday I'll update mine :-) I am such a slacker, but an email is in the works. Sorry it's taken me so long to reply!! Luv, Aub

The Brogly's said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks... I laughed my butt off too the first time I saw it, and also the second, and third... What a fun little birthday she had?