Saturday, April 12, 2008

Our week in a post

Warning: This post is going to be very random, I'm not even going to attempt to tie it all together. Ady is so sweet to her daddy. Today he was coming home from getting his hair cut and she could see him pulling up in the driveway, she said "oooh I can see daddy and his handsome haircut." Then as soon as she saw him she said "daddy you look soooo handsome, I like your hair". She was watching him from across the front yard and kept saying to me "daddy looks different he looks so handsome huh mom?" All day she kept calling him "my handsome boy" and then when she got a goodnight kiss she said " I get to have a kiss from my handsome boy!" I think she's in love. What a sweetheart. She's always full of compliments for everyone. All the time she will whisper to me "mom I want to tell that girl I like her shirt" and then I'll say "okay go ahead" so she'll say "You have a really cute shirt!" She tells me I'm pretty just about everyday and tells daddy he's handsome. She knows just what to say! I must admit he is VERY handsome. I'm so glad I have a blog to tell that to since he won't let me ;)!
Adysen truely does adore her daddy! I'm sure he hopes it will always last.
This is Lydia's adorable little friend Emmit. When I was taking the picture I said "put your arm around each other" and she said "NO! that would make me feel like we're in love" I thought it was funny that she was too embarrassed to put her arm around him but had no problem explaining why in front of him.
I would like to take a moment to say goodbye to our EasyBake Oven! Hasbro has decided to recall it and I couldn't be happier! I fetchen hated that thing! It seriously took a half hour to make one cookie, or a cake the size of a cookie, not to metion it always tasted disgusting.....but poor Lydia she really loved it. I thought she would be excited when I told her she would get to spend the 32.00 they send us on whatever she wanted, I know I was I only spent 13 bucks on the piece of junk :) but she was heart broken :( Anway apparantly kids were getting their fingers stuck in the oven while it was on! A few kids had to get their fingers amputated. Good ridance! (I mean to the EasyBake not the fingers).

We went down to St. George on Sunday for Gen. Conference, which was so good by the way. I now feel like I know our prophet so much better and I gotta tell ya I'm loven him! After conference we went for a walk, chatted and mostly played in the back yard. I realized that I hadn't played "hard" with my kids in a while. I was able to give Lydia a lot of attention and "silly time" I could tell she really needed it and loved it and I will remember our sweet little moments forever. She found my tickle-ish spot and really enjoyed hearing my belly laugh! I also taught her a game I used to play with my friends and siblings when I was younger called "picture show" Aub, Linds you may remember? You just close your eyes and then open them every two seconds while the other person makes funny faces at you, it ends up looking like an old fashion picture show. She just laughed and laughed and I really do love to hear her laugh. We also ran around in circles until we got dizzy and fell down, just a bunch of nonsense like that. I know this is probably boring to all of you, but Sunday was a special day for me so I wanted to document it I guess. My mom and sister Chanelle and I had a lot of laughs too. If I don't see them for a while I start to get lonely for them, being around my fam helps me to feel like a special and individual person, not just a mom who does the dishes and laundry all day long. I don't really know why but it's good for my soul, not to mention the food's good. :)
As you can see my mom gets really excited about what she bakes. Sometimes she even calls me to tell me all about it. I just love my mom! And so do my kids! Averi asks me every single day if we can go to Gammy's. My dad isn't half bad either ;).

7 comments:

Boo & Sara said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love your posts, they are so cute. Sometimes I feel like I am consumed with cleaning and house stuff that I don't take the time to give my full attention to my kids for a good length of time. When I am able to I know how good it makes my kids feel along with how good it makes me feel as a mom. I am glad you got some quality time with your kids and fam. I love being around my family also, I am missing them being in AZ. Hopefully you can make it down here! I finally emailed you back, sorry.
Take Care,
Sara

The Hamlin Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

OK...Ady needs to come visit me. There are some days I need her around to give me a compliment. What a cutie!!! Mike sure is lucky to have 3 (well, 4, including you) amazing girls!!! I love reading your posts and seeing how "little" Lydia is growing up!!!

Elliott & Chanelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The blog looks great! I love your new background. Mom looks great in that picture by the way. What's up with me though? Why am I the loner not looking at the camera? Weirdo! Happy Birthday to Mike today! Yay! 31? We'll sure miss you guys when we move. Start savin your money to come pay us a visit!

John & Shauna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

sundi,
I was laughing when I read your post about the " picture show". That is one of my 1st memories of Lindsie when I moved to st. george. I remember her showing me that and cracking up. Your blog is really cute.

Danny & Stephanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your kids are so cute! I am glad you got to spend some time with your mom and fam. How far are you from them?

Erin Shakespear said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love the pictures!! Especially that one with the cute little boy... :) heh.

Aubree said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Do I remember the picture show.....are you kidding? I still laugh about it and Carson thinks it's the greatest thing (2nd to eating dirt)to make for a happy day :-) I love your posts. You and your girls, and your mom, and your sis are soooo beautiful! Okay, I'll talk to you soon. Love Aub