Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Nice!

So lately my kids have been fighting like crazy..........which results in my yelling at them.........which results with more fighting! I've been trying to do something..... anything besides yell at them to stop fighting! Our newest thing is the marble jar. Whenever you do something good you get a marble in the jar, something bad a marble comes out, you get the picture. They all 3 share the same marble jar which means they have to work together, not against each other to get it full. When it's full we get to do something special as a family. Since we don't get out a whole lot, the idea of doing anything gets them going. So today I was packing them in the car to go to St. George and they were fighting again. I was trying to be dramatic so they would stop, I went and got the marble jar and dumped the whole thing out, then I said "your all grounded!" I had the trunk up when I said that and I went to slam it shut (for more dramatic effect) and I clipped my nose. Nice. I ran back inside the house holding my nose and wimpering.
Then about 5 minutes later I came back out to the car, fulling expecting them to still be fighting. To my surprise they were all buckled in and sitting silently ready to go. They had worried looks on their faces and Ady said "mom did we make you cry?" Who would have thought all I had to do to make them stop fighting was pretend to cry. I think I'm going to try that one next time.
By the way I posted my cheap decorating ideas but for some reason it went towards the bottom of my page instead of the top.

6 comments:

John & Shauna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sundi,
We have a marble jar. WE LOVE IT! We have Lily have X amount of marbles and she gets a daddy daughter date or mommy daughter date when she has enough. Hey... I can't find your email address to invite you on my blog.

Elliott & Chanelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You look like mom in that picture...it's weird. That's a funny story though. You've lost your marbles...get it?

Aubree said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

If the marble thing works for you let me know! I feel like mothering children is such a crap shoot sometimes. Is there anything out there that will really work and make my stubborn 3 year old act like an angel 24/7? Haven't found it yet......maybe I need marbles. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and that you need to email me! I want to talk to you but not have the whole wide web's eyes watching too. aubsthe1@hotmail.com Talk to you soon. Love Aub

The Hamlin Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Funny story Sundi!!! OK...I can totally picture you fake crying to your kids. (I actually think you did it to Lydia sometime during the summers so you could get hugs and kisses from her!!!) A mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do...right??? (Sorry about your nose though.) I was doing the marble thing...but then Luke's jar broke about a month ago and I haven't replaced it yet. I need to though. Also, I think it's good that you are making them work together to earn them!!! Good luck!!!

PS...I just sent you an email!!!

The Torgersen's said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ahhhh, I feel your pain!!! Nice pic of the nose, I hate it when I hurt myself while disciplining my kids. Sometimes I think it's God keeping me in check! Ha ha, I don't know. The marble idea is one I might steal. I'm always looking for a good incentive to get my kids to behave better. Hang in there!

Lindsie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

sund i love this post! so sorry about your nose. how true is it that when it rains, it pours! your such a cute mom!