Saturday, April 5, 2008

Haircuts, Bands Breaking Up and The Terrible Two and a halfs!

We got haircuts! I know, I know it's super exciting but I felt the need to ramble, or maybe just complain about something and I feel like I need something interesting or exciting to post about, so I'm going to start with haircuts. Lydia, Averi and I all got haircuts and may I just say why didn't I do this ages ago?! I don't necessarily love the way I look with short hair, but oh my gosh it feels so good to have all that hair off my back I can't even believe it! I feel like I have one less head than I did before. Ahhhhhhhhh so free! I know it doesn't look that short but its much shorter in back. I havn't had my hair this short in 6 years. Averi got her hair cut in a cute A-line also. She did so good, she thougth she was a very big girl so she sat very still. Of course I have to bribe Lydia to even get her hair trimmed. She wants long hair so bad, but her hair doesn't grow very fast. Also when she was first starting Kindergarten she did this thing where she would pull her hair out at night while she was trying to go to sleep. She pulled out a ton of hair before we finally got her to stop doing it. I was so worried that she would be one of those people with that disorder her whole life. I read up on in and its a real disorder called trichotilomania, and for a lot of people it goes clear into adulthood. I don't know wether she actually had the disorder or if she just had a bad habbit. I felt so bad about it but I finally took a picture of the two bald spots in the back of her head and showed it to her, she was devastated when she saw the picture. After that we put a shower cap on her head at night for about 2 weeks and she stopped doing it. She still twirls her hair like crazy though. Ohhhh the sad sad life of Lydia! Her hair is looking a lot better now, it used to be so thick.

Brace yourselves because I am now going to enlighten you all with my phillosiphies on the terrible two and a halfs. When I just had Lydia she was such an angel at two. I thought "terrible two's?" she's an angel. Right up until she hit two and a half and an evil alien monster posessed her body. We were living in Cali at the time, so I went to the library to see if I could find some reading that might help me perform an exorsism on her. I found a book from the seventies called "The Terrible Two and a Halfs". It was a strange book but it explained that up until your child is 6, every half year their equalibrium gets off for a little while, making them behave worse at their half year, and obviously better when they are right at the year mark. The book also said that 18 mos. and 30 mos. are the worst. Ever since I've read that book, I can't help but think it's true. But maybe it's all in my head. I'm just wondering if any one else out there thinks there is any truth to this theory. All I know is that my daughter has officially hit the "terrible" part of her two's! Good thing she's so stinken cute!

Lastly I would like to pay tribute to my favorite band who, it pains me to say, broke up. I've never had a "favorite band" until my bro's and SISTER introduced me to the Format and I love them. The song writer pays tribute to his family in a lot of his songs which is rare nowadays. Usually artists are singing about how their family life sucks and it's all mom or daddy's fault. Anyway The Format songs had a special meaning to me and now their gone! I'm devastated! This song is not my favorite but it's my kids favorite, they love to listen to it in the car. My favorite song of theirs would probably have to be "Snails" or "On Your Front Porch" both songs are on my playlist. Goodbye Format. I will miss you!

7 comments:

Elliott & Chanelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Um...excuse me? Your "bros" introduced you to the Format? What about your sister who made you cds? I'm hurt, I'm really hurt. Your hair looks cute! Can't wait to see it. Also, I think you should make your words in bold or something because they are hard to see.

Berezay said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

your haircuts are soo cute! I can appreciate not having as much hair to take care of!!!!!!!

Joslyn said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I didn't know that the terrible two's are worse at age 18 and 30 months....that totally explains why my nerves are fried daily with my girls!!! (Taylor is 17 mo. and Brynlie is 34 mo.)! ha ha! :)

The Torgersen's said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sundi, you are so beautiful! Mike is so lucky to have such a hottie for a wife!! Maybe if you have a boy he'll be a calm little guy. Both my boys are little lovers and very sweet. Leah is my emotional drama queen and either on one side of the spectrum or the other, it just depends on the minute!! Good luck.

marshallfamilyhappenings said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I think your hair looks good. You look beautiful as always. I'm not looking forward to those crazy days. I'm sure you'll get some calls from me for some tips!

Erin Shakespear said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ha! As I walked to your house earlier, I noticed Averi's hair and thought it looked cute, but I was a bit loopy today, because I didn't even realize it had been cut!

Boy. I'm slow.

And (again) your hair rocks! :)

(See now that was an appropriate time to use a :)...at least, it was in my opinion. I use a :) whenever I would normally smile at someone...make sense?)

:)
or if you're winking...
;)
or feeling a bit wonky...
:0/
There are many many options when it comes to expressing yourself with the wide range of punctuation marks. =0]

Zach and Shanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your hair is darling! I'm sad the Format broke up, but did you see New Kids on the Block are getting back together... hahaha!! So hysterical. Anyway, Erin, I love your comments!