Thursday, April 24, 2008

feeding chicks, killing cows and making crafts


It was too hard to fit all that I wanted to in the caption boxes so I thought I would explain what we've been doing. The first pic is of Lydia's flip flops. Lydia and Ady both made a pair, their kinda goofy but they love them and are so proud of their creation. I need to craft with them more often.

A while ago Mike took on a job killing animals for a butcher shop. So yes, take another look at that picture it's a mixture of cow and pig blood and guts. It smells lovely! My kids stare at him like he's a monster when he comes in. Atleast they do most of his laundry for him!

The other pictures are of the girls and I feeding the chicks at grandma's house. She is babysitting some chickens for a week. It was so fun for my girls. They put chicken feed on their legs and the chicks would swarm and crawl all over them. Ady of course was scared, as she is of all living creatures, Averi was pretty much attacking them (their lucky to still be alive), and Lydia just adored them. She was talking to them and feeding them and trying to get them to play with her. It was really sweet, I think she would love a pet. To bad her parents are too mean to get her one :). For Christmas she asked Santa for a cat, Santa brought her a stuffed animal :(. She's a little mommy, she love's to take care of babies and animals, or even me for that matter when I'm not feeling well she always asks me if she can get me anything and then brings me a glass of water wether I ask for it or not.

Oh yes and I made myself a shirt! I always sew for my kids but have never dared sew for myself. Thanks to my friend Erin who introduced me to elastic thread I've been sewing like crazy the last few days. Of cours that means my house is a mess!

Well I really don't have anything of great significance to post about. I'm just grateful that I have such sweet little girls made of sugar and spice and everything nice. And a husband made of everything the opposite :) and whom I adore. Without our differences life would be a bore, he makes me laugh. Life's good.

9 comments:

Erin Shakespear said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Cute shirt!! :)

And I love the slideshow. Mmmm, especially the shot of Mike with the guts on him. Mmmm mmmmm.

heh.

And that is so funny about the baby chicks! I didn't know Ady is scared of animals.

I'm so happy you have a blog! It's great fun.

Joslyn said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So, your shirt turned out super cute! I think I might try making one for myself this summer! I'm so glad we had this activity...because of it, I'm now taking my sewing machine to Virginia with me and I'm going to become a sewing maniac! :) Oh- do you remember what the shirt pattern was called??? My sister-in-law wants to make some.

Berezay said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You guys are too cute! And don't worry about your house....it'll wait for ya! ;)

Boo and Sara said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your homemade shirt is adorable. I am very impressed. I haven't sewn since my 4H days a good 16 years ago. All of the pictures were so cute. So Mike is a part time butcher. How funny! I grew up on the farm so I experienced all of that stuff first hand.

The Torgersen's said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I looked at the pics before I read, and I thought you were going to say that you were pregnant! Ha ha, sorry, and NO you don't look pregnant! That is a cute shirt too. Terrell will be jealous of Mikes butchering job, sooooo gross!

Elliott & Chanelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So, you know how Lydia wants a pet? Have you ever thought of a caterpillar? A little girl in my class got one on Friday and on Monday she showed me her journal and how she wrote about her new pet named Furry or something and how she loves him so much and he loves her. It was cute.

JaJoCurtis said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sundi- I found you through Lins! Your family is so dang cute- beautiful girls, how fun! i love this blog thing- to keep in touch, it's awesome. I am totally with you on your post about the terrible 2 1/2. I have a (now) 3 year old -that has been the same-ughhh. But then they look at you so innocently & sweet & melt your heart all over again huh?
Keep in touch....
Loves
Jodi (Brown) Curtis

brit said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Good job on the shirt. I want one.

Aubree said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Looks like you improved on your skills since our sewing class we took together!! Do you remember the hideous shirt I made for myself? I can't believe you let me wear it!! Very cute shirt. Love all the post's. Thanks for the email and I'll write you back soon. Love Aub
PS I updated my blog.......just kidding! I will soon, though. I had computer issues that should be fixed now.