Sunday, March 16, 2008

Dex's Wedding


Dexter and Maren were married January 19 in the Cardston Alberta Temple. We couldn't have asked for a better companion for Dex. Despite the fact that she is Canadian, Maren is sweet, beautiful and very down to earth. We love her!
The 9 adults in my family all rented a 15 passenger van and drove the 16 hours to Canada, (in January none the less). We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into! I can't even tell you how bad the roads were! Who gets married in Canada in the winter....honestly? Mike was calling his family and making arrangments for who was going to take care of our kids after we died. Only after he told them about our life insurance plans, did they finally agree. I had a blast, although I'm not sure how my husband felt about being trapped in a van with the inlaws for 2 days straight.
My girls absolutely love Maren! She's great with kids, and she plays with them!




My kids have such a fun Gammy! This is Averi and Gammy (my mom) at the reception in St. George. As the reception was winding down I sang the song "Bubbly" for them as they danced and then the night was over. They didn't throw the boquet or anything, she says they don't do that in Canada.

2 comments:

Boo & Sara said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love looking at pictures. Maren looks like a sweet heart. Isn't it great when your siblings find great spouses. Your blog is very cute.

Greg & Kortney Manning said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Where in Canada is Maren from? We had some good friends in dental school from Lethbridge/Cardston. Let me know, maybe we know the same families!!